Chapter 17

"Shanelle, you promised," Gia whined as she followed Shanelle into her bedroom. Shanelle laughed at the pout Gia had on her face as she plopped down on her bed, fully intending to lay down and watch Charmed, eat her ice cream and wait for Jaylin to call. 

"Gee, I don't want to go anywhere tonight. Why can't you stay home and we'll have some drinks or something?"

"Because that shit is boring and I'm tired of seeing you sit around the house waiting for Dread Head to bring his ass back home. Fool been out of town for a week, and won't be back for another one so it won't kill your ass to spend time with the rest of the girls."

Shanelle gave Gia a look as she took a bite of her chocolate ice cream. "That's not fair. We have our weekly girl's night out dates and I have yet to miss one, unlike you. I miss Jaylin and don't want to go out without him being there with me."

"Ugh! Shanelle, you're starting to work my damn nerves," Gia growled. When Shanelle went to eat more of her ice cream, Gia snatched the bowl away from her. "You better get out that bed, wash your ass and get dressed or I'm telling Jaylin you're cheating on your nutritional program!"

When Shanelle made a comment about her weight, Jaylin had gotten upset with her and told her that if she didn't like what she saw in the mirror, even though he loved it, for her to do something about it. He was tired of her complaining and doing nothing to make it better. After she stopped pouting, her and Jaylin put together a program to help her watch how many calories she was taking in per day as well as a regular workout sessions with him when they weren't doing special exercises.

"You wouldn't dare," Shanelle gasped. When Gia gave her a try me look, Shanelle rolled her eyes and grudgingly got off her bed. "You really burn my ass, damn brat," Shanelle mumbled as she snatched her ice cream from Gia.

"Whatever. You got an hour," Gia said with a grin, as she skipped out of Shanelle's room, closing the door behind her.

A little while later Shanelle and all her girls, including Jai, were walking into Jett's, a nice dance club. The minute Jai and Gia heard Chris Brown bumping through the speakers she pulled the girls onto the dance floor. Together they danced to his latest hit, catching the eye of plenty but caring about none.

Jai just had to be the one to show out. With her small baby bump, she was popping her ass like nobody's business.  A guy decided to be brave enough to dance with her. Unfortunately for her and the poor man, her husband happened to be in attendance and pulled her little ass off the dance floor after he scared the hell out of the man that was all up on his pregnant wife.

All the girls were laughing as they made their way over to the bar to grab them some drinks. When they got to the bar they saw Jon kissing Jai's neck while he had his arms wrapped around her waist with his hands on her rounded tummy.

Gia rolled her eyes as she watched her cousin and her push over of a husband giggle and laugh. "I thought you were mad at her?" Gia asked Jon, who flipped her off. "Punk ass," she said rolling her eyes.

When the ladies placed their drink orders and paid the bartender a few short moments later, they grabbed their drinks and watched as people danced on the dance floor. Unbeknownst to them, a pair of eyes was watching their every move.

Gabrielle downed her drink and ordered another for her and one for Shanelle.

"Damn Gabby, I wasn't trying to drink tonight. You could have saved your money, honey."

Gabrielle just shrugged and laughed and said, "More for me."

Shanelle laughed and shook her head and turned around only to lay eyes on the last man she wanted to see.