Chapter 32: Best of Me~Episode 2 (Pt. 1)

A/n: TIME TO GET BACK IN BUSINESS DARLING~! Thank you so much for your patience with this story! It means a lot! I would like to say, I've changed my writing style slightly, it won't be too noticeable so don't worry! Now then, I hope you enjoy the chapter! The prompt for this double chapter was suggested by @glitterclaire684, it's not exactly what you said but I did take your idea into consideration! So sorry if some things are off!

3rd Person POV:

Rhys awoke with a start.
Taking only 10 minutes to get dressed, brush his teeth, and comb his hair...he definitely had record time.
Why he was up and about was beyond him, but whatever.
It had been a week since Rhys and Jimin had their....moment. That's as far as the description would go if one would still want this to be PG.
The younger of the two would often smirk and lick his lips at thought, Rhys was maturing...probably not in the way Jin wanted him to though.
However, unlike Rhys, Jimin would turn beet red and turn away in remembrance.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Rhys' POV:

After taking care of my hygiene, I walked out to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.
Immediately, to my surprise, I was swarmed by the other members....with cameras...
"Wait, that's today?" I ask, to be honest I really thought it would've been next week or maybe this Wednesday..
But no.
Here we are.
Recording a new episode for "Best of Me" on a Monday morning....
What a pleasure.
"Good morning my little sugar puff~!" Cooed Jin as he attacked my cheeks.
Pouting as my face began to sting, I grumbled. "Since when was I 'sugar puff?'"
The nickname was definitely new...and it seems more fitting for Jimin or Tae.
"Since now!" The eldest cheered letting go of my now blotchy cheeks.
Placing my hands on them with a clap, I sighed and went back to making myself a caffeinated drink.
I really wasn't up for this today, but knowing my members I was gonna be positive whether I liked it or not.
Noticing my cranky behavior, Tae set his camera down and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
"I have a pen, I have an apple...." He sang softly with a boxy smile.
I chuckled at his attempt to lighten my mood, it surely worked.
By the time the duration of the song ended my coffee was made to my liking.
I sighed as I took a long sip of the bittersweet liquid.
"Hey, Rhys?" Called Namjoon.
I glanced up at him with a head tilt. "Hm?"
"What're we gonna do today, for the show?"
I closed my eyes and pondered for a second.
What should we do?
A few days ago I lost my headphones, so I needed a new pair....probably some new shoes too since mine were getting worn out....
Opening my sockets and looking at our leader I responded, "We could go to a mall, I need to buy a few things anyway."
"But what about the fans, it wouldn't be good if we were swarmed at a mall..." countered Yoongi.
Namjoon hummed, a finger pressed to his chin. "We could ask our manager if we could rent the mall for a day, that way it'll be closed to the public."
I scrunched up my nose at the thought, "That's rude though isn't it?"
Yoongi stared at me blankly, "you have any other ideas of not getting ripped limb from limb?"
Slumping my shoulders, I shook my head. "No."
"Alright then," Started RM. "I guess we're going to the mall guys!"
The others cheered, cameras still on and recording everything.
I rolled my eyes with a smirk, this was gonna be interesting.
"Rhys, I'm taking you to Gucci." Said Taehyung.
"Yah! I want to take him to buy Timberlands!" Cried Jungkook in protest.
I hear someone sigh in the corner.
I glance over to see Jimin, his face a shade of pink and his eyes holding disappointment. "I wanted to take Rhys to eat at one of the cafés..."
My eyes flashed with sympathy. "I haven't eaten breakfast yet, Jiminie-hyung. I'd love to go eat with you." I spoke giving him a soft smile.
"Ooo, that sounds good actually. Why don't we all eat at one of the cafés?" Jin added.
Everyone nodded in agreement.

//////////////TimeSkip///////////////

Yoongi's POV:

We all gathered in the van.
I sat in the middle, next to the door on the lefthand side.
Rhys sat next to me in the middle, and Jungkook sat on his other side.
Despite drinking coffee this morning, Rhys looked groggy as hell.
His eyes drooped and his blinks held about a minute before Rhys opened his eyes.
"You tired?" I asked.
He shook his head. "I'm good. Just not completely awake yet."
"Did you stay up late last night again?" Jin scolded from in front of us.
Sheepishly Rhys nodded. "I had some work to do, but it's done now so..."
"That's no excuse. You're such a hypocrite, you know that?" Said Namjoon with a huff next to Jin.
Our maknae laughed. "Yeah, but at least I'm a helpful hypocrite."
"He's got a point Namjoon~" Commented Hoseok directly behind me.
He was seated by Jimin and Taehyung.
"Okay, okay...I get it." spoke our leader.
.
.
.
The vehicle was silent for a few minutes before Rhys spoke up.
"You know how they're 4 pronged forks and 3 pronged forks?"
We all nodded.
"Could a knife be classified as a kinda sharp 1 pronged fork? And if that's true, could a sword be considered a super sharp 1 pronged fork?"
Everyone gaped, dumbfounded at the wonderings younger.
"What. The. Fuck." I said.
Rhys gazed at me with pure innocence. "Like, seriously! Is there a spectrum of fork to knife to sword?"
"No, no there isn't....shut up." Namjoon groaned.
Tae chuckled, "It seems legit! Does that mean a fork is a super dull 3 or 4 pronged sword?"
Rhys jumped at the idea, "Yeah! That makes sense!"
Jungkook added, "What if people dueled with forks instead of swords?"
"HOLY SHIT!" Cheered the 18 year old. "Y to E S, YES!"
"RHYS DID YOU JUST SWEAR?" Jin screeched in response.
"What are you guys on?!?!" Mumbled a bow distressed Namjoon.
I just sat in my seat, confused and....fascinated.
How the hell did they—
Actually, nevermind...this is a norm for us I think.
"Jiminie-hyung! Do you think forks could be swords?" Aegis turned to the 95-liner who gave a shrug.
"What ever you think, Rhys....but I don't think I've ever seen someone mugged with a fork..."
Rhys pouted, "I sense saracas—!"
"We're here! So stop with your pronged fork sword crap!" Yelled Namjoon.
I grinned with a laugh.
What felt like a minute of nonsense actually took up an hour car ride......Jesus Christ the power the idiots have.

A/n: Yes, that last part was me referencing JaidenAnimations. If you haven't seen her on YT, I recommend you go watch some of her vids! PART 2 COMING SOON! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry for any spelling and grammatical errors! Thank you for your patience with this story and as always: I hope you stay tuned for the chapters to come!