The Game

It's been about a week since the party. And ever since the party me and Hikaru have been hanging out a lot more.

Right now I was walking around the host club taking pictures of the guys talking to the girls. It was raining outside.

There was a girl standing by the window staring at the rain. I took a picture of her then walked over to show her. She loved it.

I heard Rengee's laugh and the contraption came out of the ground. I sighed. Here we go again.

"Hahaha! Hello everyone! Who wants to play a game?!" She shouted.

Not another one of her games. I backed up to the door of the host club. I was running if I needed to. You never know what this chick is going to do.

"Hikaru. If you would make your way up here please!" she yelled. He went up and stood next to her.

"This is a game that involves you. It's called," she looked at me. " The Who's in love with Hikaru game?!"

I stared at her wide eyed. She wouldn't.

"Now Hikaru. We can both agree that a lot of girls in here are in love with you. But! The girl I'm thinking of is not a host guest!" she said. He looked confused. He searched the crowds faces.

"This girl, is madly in love with you, Hikaru! She loves everything about you." Rengee yelled. Hikaru just stared at her. Confused still.

"Here's how we play! I'm going to give you some names and you have to choose who you think is in love with you." She announced. The girls screamed. I just stood there. By the door. Hoping it wasn't me.

"Here are the names ......" I didn't listen to her. I just waited. "And ... Kairi Riku!" She yelled.

No. No. No. This isn't happening!

"What's your guess Hikaru?" she asked. He just stared at her. He was speechless.

"No answer? I guess I'll have to say then!" she announced. "The girl who is in love with you, is in this room."

He scanned the room. He was really confused.

"Her name is......." Rengee started.

Please! No! No! Stop! Please!

"..... Kairi Rikuuuuu!!!!" Rengee yelled.

I stood there. Frozen. I couldn't move. Hikaru's eyes scanned the crowd for me. His eyes met mine and he just stared. Confused. He doesn't know what's going on.

Soon, everyone turned and stared at me. I didn't know what to do. I opened the door and ran. I ran down the hall. I could hear someone following me.

"Kairi! Wait!" it was Hikaru. I ran faster.

I ran out into the rain. I could still hear Hikaru calling for me. I heard him get closer to me as I ran through the garden.

He tried to grab me but missed. I wouldn't stop. He had to tackle me to the ground and turned as we fell so we landed on his back. I hadn't noticed the tears coming down my face.

He was saying something but I wasn't listening. I wriggled free and tried to run again. But I was flipped over. Hikaru was on top of me and had my hands pinned above my head.

"Kairi!" he yelled. I tried to get free but he was too strong.

"Kairi! Stop!" He yelled. I stopped trying to get away realizing there was no use.

"Kairi! Listen to me!" He yelled. I looked up at him. He stared down into my eyes. I was still crying. And breathing heavily.

"Kairi." He said softly. I took a deep shaky breath.

"Is what Rengee said true?" he asked. I didn't answer. "Do you love me?"

I just stared at him. I didn't answer. Just stared as the rain poured on us and tears rolled down my face. I closed my eyes. I couldn't look at him. I nodded my head yes.

There was silence. Then he answered.

"I love you too, Kairi." He said. I opened my eyes and shook my head.

"No. You don't. You just feel bad about what Rengee did. You don't really love me." I said tears still rolling down my cheeks. He shook his head.

"That's not true." He said.

"Yes! It is! You are Hikaru Hitachiin. You can have any girl you want so why would you love me? You don't love me!" I yelled. He stared at me as of I had hurt him. I knew he was faking. I turned my head away from his shocked face. He wasn't expecting me to say that.

"Kairi.... Kairi. Look at me." He said. I didn't. "Kairi!" he screamed. I looked at him. There was sadness in his eyes.

"Kairi!" he screamed. "I do love you. I don't care what you say because I love you!" He yelled. He finally stared at me.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?" I asked softly.

"Kairi.... I know I lie. I know that I could say whatever I wanted and people would believe me. But I would never lie to you. Look at me. Why would I work so hard to keep you here? Why would I chase you down? Why would I sit up in the middle of the night thinking about you?" he said. "Kairi. I love you. I'm not lying. This is true. I. Love. You."

I closed my eyes. Taking in everything he said. He really loves me.

"Why don't you believe me?" he asked.

I didn't hear anything. Just the sound of his heavy breathing and the rain. I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. I opened my eyes. Hikaru was kissing me?

He pulled away. He just stared into my shocked eyes.

"Kairi......" He said. He got off me and just sat next to me.

I laid there. On my back. Just staring up at the sky. I slowly sat up and turned to Hikaru.

"Y-you love me?" I asked shakily.

"Yes. I do. That's what I've been saying." He said and stared at me.

"I-i...." Was all I could get out. I just stared at him. We were both drenched because of the heavy rain.

He moved closer to me. I just stared at him as he got closer. Soon, there wasn't much room between us. His lips brushed against mine.

He kissed me. This time, I kissed him back. He pulled me closer to him and I ran my fingers through his hair. Our lips moved passionately together.

We pulled away for breath. I looked up into his eyes. He looked down into mine.

"Kairi Riku. I love you." He said and held me tightly.

"I love you Hikaru Hitachiin." I said. He smiled.