The morning after

Warning: read the disclaimer chapter before reading this one. Thx. Btw they are probably a little older in this fic, like 17 and 18.

Sophie stared at the sleeping face of the boy next to her, watching as his slow breaths ruffled his hair that dropped over his forehead. She and Keefe had stayed up a bit too late working on their assignment for their Universe class, probably because they kept getting distracted by each other, from the cuddling to the kissing and even the little flirty glances that were sent near the other person when they thought they weren't watching. After the homework was finally finished they were both extremely tired. Sophie decided to let Keefe sleep over and Keefe begged Sophie to let him sleep in the bed next to her, instead of on the floor as usual. Because Sophie was so tired and the temptation to snuggle with Keefe as she fell asleep was too good to resist, she allowed him to join her in her giant bed. When their respective sleeping positions had been chosen, (Sophie little spoon, Keefe big spoon), she finally fell asleep in Keefe's warm embrace, Keefe passing out not long after.

Sophie woke up to the warm sunlight spilling in her room through her window, her face smushed into Keefe's chest and his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She was about to wiggle out of his hold when she realized he was still asleep.

Fascinated by his sleeping face that looked so much more peaceful than his face when he was awake, she stared at his face for much longer than necessary, committing all his facial features to her (photographic) memory. She stared at the spattering of freckles across the bridge of his nose, and his long eyelashes that fluttered every time he breathed in softly. She stared at his soft pink lips that looked oh so kissable in the soft morning light. Before she knew it, she was leaning forward to give him a kiss, just a tiny peck on the lips that she assumed he wouldn't feel. Unfortunately, one knows that nothing can ever be assumed with Keefe and the second her lips touched his, his eyes flew open, his lips pulling into a smirk when he realized Sophie had kissed him.

"Eager, aren't we Foster? You couldn't even wait for me to wake up before you attacked me with another kiss could you?" He said mischievously, watching triumphantly as Sophie's face turned various shades of red.

"Sh-Shut up," she said, smacking a pillow on his face, "It was an involuntary movement okay? Remind me never to kiss you when you are sleeping again, even if you do look super cu- mph!" Sophie didn't get to finish her statement, for Keefe pulled her in for another kiss, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist again.

Sophie was thankful for a lot of things that morning. She was happy that she got to see Keefe's sleeping face, definitely happy about the kisses she got that morning. But she was most thankful about the fact that Grady was a deep sleeper, for she knew that if he had caught them in their kissing endeavors, she probably wouldn't be allowed out of her room until she had aged over a century.