Out With The Old, In With The New Part 2- (Option 1)

"Fitz, I think we need to break up." Sophie said nervously, studying his face for any signs of anger.
At first, Fitz just stared at her blankly, his face contorting in disbelief as he processed what she had just said. After a few moments however, his shoulders slumped forward, as if a giant weight had been lifted off of them, his facial features relaxing into a look of pure relief.

"I think you're right. I'm sorry Sophie that I didn't say anything sooner but our relationship isn't really working." He said slowly, as if testing out Sophie's reaction. "Every time I was with you, I was constantly trying to make sure I did everything perfectly, almost to the point of insanity. I was always hyper aware of every move I made, every word I said, and even whether I should smile or frown. Because of my behavior, every time we hung out together it seemed so stifling, it was like I could barely breathe." Fitz said, glancing at Sophie every few seconds.

"To be honest, I liked it much better when we were just friends. Our conversations seemed to flow a lot more freely, and I was never worried about what you would think or say. I'm really sorry about this, and I know that the reason our relationship had to end is because I was overthinking everything." He said finally, shaking his head sadly.

"No!" Sophie exclaimed suddenly, surprising both herself and Fitz. "It wasn't just you. I mean, it wasn't just your fault. I felt exactly the same way you described, down to the letter. I was always so insecure and worried that everything I did would make the Vacker family look bad, and that I would disappoint you and your family. And I loved your gifts so so much, but....I haven't used any of them." She said finally. "They are all in a pile in the back of my closet.". She looked up at Fitz, expecting to see anger or even sadness at her last confession, but all she saw was a genuine smile on Fitz's face. It even looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"I thought you said my gifts were always your favorite." he said teasingly.

"I kinda lied about that, unfourtunately you only came second to none other than Kee-"
Sophie realized her slip up and started to cough to try and cover up her mistake.

"What was that last part? It almost sounded you were talking about Keefe."

"No I wasn't!!! I was mentioning someone else." Sophie said quickly.

"It's okay if you were about to say Keefe. I understand, his gifts are always so heartfelt, especially towards you. He's always been one of my best friends, and he deserves happiness, and he is happy with you." Sophie stared at Fitz, completely dumbfounded at his confession. She had always thought he was envious of she and Keefe's relationship, when in reality, he had supported them from the sidelines all along, even if they didn't know it.

"I also feel really guilty because this entire time we've been together, I've had a crush on someone else." Fitz said, turning toward Sophie to gauge her reaction. Sophie expected herself to feel sad, or even a little angry, but to her surprise, all she felt was joy. Her feelings mirrored Fitz's feelings about her and Keefe. All she had to do now was figure out who he liked.

"Well," she said, elbowing him teasingly "who's the lucky girl?"

"Um, it's....Linh" He said softly, his ears turning pink.

"Ooh, good luck! I'll be rooting for you, obviously."

"Yeah, and I will be rooting for you and Keefe," he said smirking. "Though you probably won't need it. After all, he is an Empath, and he loves to tease you, so he will probably realize your feelings before you even tell him. He will just be too chicken to talk to you about them."

Sophie turned to look at Fitz, and before she knew it, they were both laughing hysterically.

"We did this all wrong didn't we?" Fitz said, struggling to catch his breath. "After all, most couples rarely break up on good terms, let alone ship their exes with other people!"

"Well we aren't most exes are we? After all, we've survived way too many near death experiences for me not to keep you around!" She said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah,I guess so." Fitz said thoughtfully. Suddenly, his face brightened and his grin reappeared on his face as he turned to face Sophie.
"Wanna make a little wager?"

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked.

"If you and Keefe aren't dating in two weeks, you owe me another special favor." He said ruefully.

Sophie's face began to flame rapidly and she turned to Fitz with an evil glint in her eye.
"Well then, if you and Linh aren't dating in two weeks, then I'll tell everyone the weird things you said in your sleep while we were in the healing center for all those weeks." she said mischievously. (He really didn't say anything, or even snore once, but Fitz didn't have to know that.)

Fitz turned to look at her, a horrified look in his eyes.
"No! I'll do anything!"

"Then you have to win the bet."

"Fine then, let's shake on it."

So they shook hands. Sophie soon remembered that Grady and Edaline we're watching, along with her bodyguards listening nearby. They had probably all witnessed the weirdest break-up in elven history so far. She stood up to go walk inside her house, turning to wave
Fitz goodbye as she turned the door handle. He light-leaped away and she opened the door, her shoulders feeling lighter and her heart feeling happier as she stepped inside.