New boys, New feelings

He offered his hand, I swatted it away and pulled myself up. We walked toward the tree in complete silence. Once we were out of everyones sight Noah lightly pushed me against the tree.

"Hey!" I said in mock annoyance. He laughed it off and leaned in. His face was inches away from mine, I could feel his hands wrap around my waist. I pulled him closer and put my arms around his neck. He closed his eyes.

Seeing this as my opening, I shifted my head to the side and Noah's face smashed into the tree. I burst out laughing as he brushed his hand over his face trying to clean it up.

"You're gonna pay for this!" he said and then proceeded to move towards me. I turned my head around, still muffling my giggles. I ran as fast as i could my Noah caught me. His fingers curled around mine and he pulled me back. My back collided with his chest and his arms went back to holding my waist.

I could feel his heart beat against my back. His lips traced a path from my shoulders till my cheeks, leaving a trail of soft kisses along the path. He swirled my body around and I closed my eyes in anticipation. Just as I started to lean in i felt a couple of chill leaves fall over my face.

"Gotcha" He said and pulled me back to the hideout.

We sat back down to whoops and catcalls, and snuck glances at each other for the rest of the night.

~A few hours later~

The night was coming to an end as everyone got tired and grumpy. The group started breaking up and soon only four of us were left.

"Hey Jen, you ready to leave?" I asked her. She quickly looked at Seth then back at me.

"Oh, I was planning on riding home with Seth" she said looking up at him again. Gross. Did not need to know that.

"I'm am not going with them, guess your stuck with you huh?" Noah winked at me.

"Yeah, yeah. Come quick, else I'm gonna have to leave you behind." I waved to Jenna and Seth one last time before I started moving towards the exit of the park, Noah following close behind.

He jogged up to irradiate the distance between us.

"So I've known you for a few hours now, we almost shared a kiss and your about to drive me home, yet I don't know all that much about you." He started the conversation. Little did I know, that something that started with such a simple sentence would change my life forever.

"There's not much to know. I'm just not very interesting. I like to dance and read. Apart from this, I'm a straight A student and aim to be a lawyer some day. See, just your average teen"

"Huh. Didn't peg you to be the serious type." He said with a curios tone in his voice.

"What about you?" I asked looking up at him. His light hair flew in the cool night breeze, letting me see his face in the bright moonlight. His eyes, a deep emerald, held a heavy burden. An expression flashed on his face, one that I was unable to identify.

"Not much. I'm repeating senior year actually. Guess luck's not on my side, eh?" He says said all traces of negativity vanishing from his face.

I didn't know the reason for his sorrow or the reason for him repeating a school year, but the manner in which he said it told me that it was not his fault. This boy had deeper problems than he let on and until he was ready to open up to me, I would wait patiently.

Wait, WHAT!? Why am I growing so attached to this guy I had barely known for a few hours.

We walked towards the car in complete silence, like it was a mutual understanding that he didn't want to elaborate further on the topic. Once in the car, he directed me to his house. He made no motion of getting out of the car even after we had reached our destination. The funny thing? I was completely fine with him sitting there, even though there was no need for him to do so.

A few minutes later he finally attempted to make conversation, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, but I may or may  not answer" I laughed.

He cracked a smile, "Why is your taste in music so horrendous?"

"Ha-Ha" I rolled my eyes. "so, do you plan on getting out anytime soon?" I joked back.

"Nope, I find this very relaxing. And I'm definitely enjoying the company." He winked.

And just like that time flew by as we mocked each other. I was happy. I felt something, a connection. And it was unusual. I was always conserved and I never shared too much about myself. And I was grateful for this change.

"Oh shoot! Its getting late. I should go in." He said in an alarming tone.

"I had a wonderful evening, Noah. Thank you" I smiled.

He got out of the car and came to my window.

"What happened? Did you forget something" I asked.

"I never did get that kiss" He stated.

"Keep dreaming, darling. You'll get it in there" I tapped his head, rolled up the window and drove off.

The perfect exit.