New dances, New dates

It had been a week since Noah and I had started our real relationship. So far, So good.

I vividly remembered Jenna's reaction that night when we came into the coffee shop, holding hands.

"Am I too tired to see properly or are the two of you actually holding hands?" she said groggily.

We didn't say anything in response instead just smiled at her.

She squealed and ran over to us. She squeezed the two of us in a tight embrace.

Then she turned her focus to Noah, "Your first real relationship!" She screamed again, took hold of Noah's hands and started jumping up and down.

That night when I had come home a little later than usual, my mom asked for the reason. When I told her she was so happy. The pure look of joy on her face was something I got to see often but never got bored of.

I never understood why love was so fondly spoken about. After all it ends up in heartbreak, right? But fur the first time in my life I understood the reason it was so popular.

The moments that you're in love? They compare to nothing. Despite the pain you may have to go through afterwards.

I came back to the present when I heard the sound of a car horn. It was Jenna. We were going dress shopping for the dance tomorrow. I knew that we were a little late but dance practice took up most of our time and this was the only time we were both free.

The day went by quickly and soon enough it was homecoming day. The morning was calm and hustle-free but we knew that this was the light drizzle before the unstoppable storm. All three of us had volunteered to help out with decorating the gym. We roamed around the room, ordering around the little ones and helping them out whenever they were unable to do something.

The evening however was going to be hectic. Noah had played football from Freshmen year up until last year when he fell short of time. Frequent visits to doctor as well as aiding his mother at home didn't leave him with much time for any extra-curricular activities. The year too, he would be just a spectator.

I had also visited Noah's mother twice over the past week. She was the sweetest woman and was almost as happy as Jen about the fact that Noah had a girlfriend. I said almost. She didn't look very sick and tried doing as much work around the horse as possible. Noah also had two siblings, a younger brother who was turning fourteen thus year and a little sister who was just ten.

Jen and I on the other hand  had an eventful evening. We had the dance routine at half time, after which we would have about an hour to get dressed for the Homecoming Dance, followed by final touch-ups of the gym.

We decided that we would get ready at my house since it was closer to the school. We took turns to shower and change into our clothes. Then Jenna did both of our make-up and I found some nice hair styles on Pinterest. We had a pre-dance private dance partly and sang at the top of our voices. Jenna and I got along perfectly. Like life had planned for us to meet someday, Just making sure that the timing was right.

By the time we checked off all these from our list we were exhausted. But after a day full of work, we deserved to enjoy a bit right?

The night went on as I danced to every fast song with my best friend and to every slow song with my boyfriend.

Ah, what a perfect night.

=^=

I'd only it had remained that way. Late that night as we were returning home Jen got a call from Seth. Jenna, bubbly as usual, thought he was just calling up to tell her good night as usual. She picked up the phone and was ready to talk to her long-term boyfriend when he dropped the bomb.

I saw all the colour drain from her face. She dropped the phone to her lap. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear. I listens to his words as a realisation dawned upon me.

He had cheated on her.

I quickly covered the speaker and told Noah. He plucked the phone out of my hand and warned Seth never to call Jenna again. He proceeded to threaten that if he found him anywhere near his best friend, he would be lying on the floor, lifeless.

Sometimes this side of Noah scared me but at the same time it warmed my heart. Jenna always made fun fun of him for being reserved. But I had noticed that despite being shy at first, when Noah Sedita decided to give you his heart, he gave it all. He would so anything to protect the ones he loved.

And boy, was I glad to be one of them.