twenty two

DAY TWENTY-TWO

Y/n stayed another night at the Parker residence, herself and Peter seated on the couch watching an Iron Man Saving The Day compilation.

A soft hum of music is heard from the kitchen, followed by a few occasional giggles. Ben and May Parker sway to the music, a matching smile on both of their faces.

Y/n turns around to see Ben running his hand through the ends of May's hair, lip singing, "I love your hair like that, the way it falls on the side of your neck. Down your shoulders and back."

Peter now turns around too, watching his family dance in love in their kitchen. He smiles, his heart fluttering with joy.

Uncle Ben makes eye contact with him, directing his eyes towards Y/n and back to Peter suggestively.

Peter blushes, glancing over at the girl beside him. He takes a deep breath and stands up in front of the girl he adores, and offers a hand. "Would you like to dance too?"

Y/n smiles, taking his hand, a blush darkening on both their faces as they danced.

They stood at an awkward distance, not knowing where to put their hands.

Aunt May saw this and laughed. She took Y/n's hand and placed them on Peter's shoulder as Ben nudged him to step a little closer.

"It's not like you two didn't get close last night!" May joked, fully aware of their close proximity from all the previous movie nights.

Peter looked down in embarrassment, his hair falling and covering his eyes. "I uh, I actually don't know how to dance."

He watched May and Ben as they swayed and occasionally twirled, and attempted to mimic their actions. He turned his head quickly, bumping his forehead into Y/n's.

"Oh! Sorry! Sorry, are you okay?" He asked, instinctively holding her face and looking at her forehead for any sign of a bruise.

He freezes, his breath catching in his throat as they make eye contact. Peter was pretty sure his neighbors could hear his rapid heartbeat.

Y/n smiled shyly up at him, her hand instinctively reaching up to fix his tilted glasses. "I'm okay," was all she could muster, her voice coming out barely a whisper as her own heart felt as if it were to beat out of her chest.

And should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me. 'Cause all that you are, is all that I'll ever need

__________
Unedited

song : tenerife sea, ed sheeran

a/n:
this was really cliché and I don't know how I feel about that.

basically I just wanted Y/n and Peter + May and Ben to all slow dance together. but I didnt know how to pursue that idea so everything is a mess but I hope that's decent enough for you.