twenty six

DAY TWENTY-SIX

"Where'd you take her?" Ned asked as Peter sipped his apple juice.

"I took her to the amusement park. Ben and May were going and they wanted her to come too, so it was the perfect opportunity."

"Wait–" Ned gasped, "why didn't you invite me! I- but- the big rollercoaster and- and, the cotton candy too!"

Peter put his hands up in surrender, "sorry!"

"And at night too! Man, it's so pretty at night." Ned sighed dramatically, resting his chin on his hand as he leaned towards the lunch table. "Did you at least get to hold her hand like you wanted?"

Peter paused, looking away as he took another drink of his juice, thinking back to the night before.

Peter and Y/n were at the front of the line for the ferris wheel, and when it was their turn, they got in.

May and Ben were elsewhere, most likely riding the giant rollercoaster that can probably be seen from a jet in the sky.

When the two young teens got seated in the passenger cars, they immediately sat closer. The pod swang as the Ferris wheel began to move, feeling like it's going to break and the two teens were going to fall to their deaths.

Peter looked nervously down the scenery, immediately shutting his eyes and leaning back to catch his breath. His hand was in fists on his lap, his heartbeat ready to jump out of his chest in a panic–he might as well be having a heart attack.

Y/n turned to him with a smile, enjoying the view; the bright city lights contrasting against the dark sky, people now the size of ants joyfully roaming the park.

Though her smile soon faded when she saw the pure terror in his body language. "Peter, are you feeling okay?"

"Ye-yeah," he squeaked, opening his eyes to give Y/n a reassuring smile. He felt pathetic at this moment, and this was not going how he planned.

Y/n continued to look at him concerned, "you look like you're going to be sick, Pete."

Peter shook his head, a chill fogging his mind in panic. But he had to calm down, 'else he'd ruin the moment and never forgive himself. He took a deep steady breath and made sure not to look down.

Y/n nodded, giving a soft smile and looked back at the scenery. But Peter didn't even bother looking out, instead, his eyes wandered to the girls face and watched in awe as her eyes reflected the lights. He finally understood why Ben said May had the galaxy in her eyes–Y/n's eyes held the galaxy too.

"You have something on your shirt," Peter said softly, reaching over and picking a piece of lint off of Y/n's shoulder.

Somehow, doing this gave him a strong burst of courage. Maybe it was the adrenaline of almost having a heart attack on an unsteady Ferris wheel, either way, he doesn't regret his next move.

His hand lingered on her shoulder, the piece of lint now gone and blown away by the light winds. He then trailed his hand down to Y/n's, the tip of his fingers only gently brushing against her arm as he does so.

His hand rested on top of hers, his eyes too nervous to look up and see her reaction.

Peter blushed at the memory, mumbling a small yes. He saw Ned shoot his fists up in the air in victory from the corner of his eye and laughed.

•••

Y/n folded some clothes she wouldn't be needing for the next few days and placed them into her suitcase, reaching over and grabbing another shirt.

"Did you have fun?" Delmar asked, watching solemnly as he watched her beginning to pack.

Y/n's movements slowed...

His hands rested on hers, and he didn't dare to look at her reaction. So instead, she intertwined her fingers with his, a blush now very prominent on her face.

The chill from the breeze was now gone, and instead, she felt warm.

Peter looked up at her in surprise, wearing a matching blush of his own.

His brown eyes stared at her, his curls messy and tousled from the light winds. Y/n couldn't help but smile. That boy was the definition of warm. He made her feel comfortable like Queens has always been home.

And that was when their passenger car shook and reached the ground. And as the two got out and walked throughout the park, they didn't let go.

Y/n blinked, looking up at Uncle Delmar who cut through her memory with a cough to get her attention.

"Um yeah, I did, actually," she said, placing the badly folded shirt into her suitcase.

__________
unedited

a/n:
the new how to train your dragon movie was so sad ):

also, i googled it
"A Ferris wheel (sometimes called a big wheel, observation wheel, or, in thecase of the very tallest examples, giant wheel) is a nonbuilding structure consisting of a rotating upright wheel with multiple passenger-carrying components (commonly referred to as passenger cars, cabins, tubs, capsules, gondolas, or pods)"
so yeah.