twenty nine

DAY TWENTY-NINE

1:34 am.

May cried at the death of her love. She lost everyone, and now she lost her husband. She hugged Peter close, in fear she would lose him too.

Peter looked at the ground blankly as he rested his head on his Aunts shoulder, tears slipping from his eyes.

_

2:26 pm.

Peter walked through the doors of the Deli, his face blank, even as he looked up at the girl he found himself to adore so much.

Y/n immediately walked up to the boy, hugging him close as she had already heard the news from May. "I'm sorry, Peter."

Peter hugged her back, clinging onto her as if she was the only thing holding him down to reality. His eyes closed as he took deep ragged breaths. "I don't know how– I don't know what–" he stuttered as he choked back tears.

"It's okay," Y/n whispered.

_

10:46 pm.

He's not dead. He can't be.

"Benjamin Parker has been killed by an unknown burglar, if–"

"AGH!" Peter turned the TV off, throwing the remote across the room, causing it to shatter from the force of his new strength.

He heard the light footsteps of May and Y/n as they approached his room. Why are they walking so loud?

There was one knock, which sounded like a gunshot, a sound he knew too well. He shook his head, too loud, everything is too loud.

"You should go in."
"No, he'll feel better if you did."
"Okay..."

Peter scoffed with annoyance. They pitied him, he didn't want pity.

Y/n spoke with a gentle voice as she slowly turned the doorknob, "Pete, I'm coming in."

Peter began to put on his sweater as Y/n walked into his room, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to find him," Peter said simply, bending down to tie his shoes.

"Who?"

Peter looked at the girl in front of him, standing to his full height, "The douche who killed Ben. I'm going to find him, I'm going to bring Ben back."

Y/n blocked the door as he attempted to walk out, "stop Peter– Peter stop!"

Y/n grabbed his hands as he continued to ignore her, "Ben is dead! He's dead and finding that burglar won't do anything to bring him back!"

Peter looked to the girl, his face that held no expression but anger now looking furious, confused, and broken. "I have to bring Ben back, Y/n," he spoke softly, his voice cracking. "I need Uncle Ben."

Y/n sighed, her eyes tearing up as she saw the denial in his eyes, "he's dead, Peter."

_

11:59 pm.

"Stay, I–I need you."

"I can't, I'm sorry."

__________
unedited

a/n
I love you three thousand