twenty five

DAY TWENTY-FIVE

Peter rolled to the side of his bed, yawning. He blinked away the sleep he just woke up from, blindly reaching over to put on his glasses.

He checked his phone with another yawn, seeing a text from Ned; "now or never! good luck."

Peter walked to the Deli, a light skip in his walk

Peter walked to the Deli, a light skip in his walk. He had a plan, and he was going to commit to it. He had five more days before Y/n walks out of his life, and he was going to make it the best five days ever. And there was one main goal to achieve - hold her hand. This task was much more difficult then it sounds.

He stopped by the door, leaning on his heels as he took a deep breath of courage. And finally, he walked in.

"Hey, Y/n!"

The girl immediately stood straight, closing  her notebook shut as a smile immediately lifted her face. "Peter, hi!"

Peter gave a lazy smile, leaning against the counter. Act casual! Don't be so tense, Parker. "Any plans today?"

Y/n shook her head, knowing full well she should start packing - but that could wait. "No, why?"

"Good, cause I'm taking you out," Peter paused, rethinking his choice of words. "Uh, I mean like, site seeing. Not a date... unless you want it to be! It can definitely be a date if you want it to be..." Peter mumbled, his confidence now gone, an embarrassed blush taking its place.

Y/n laughed, "you're so cute."

"What?"

"Did I say that out loud?" Y/n paused, her eyes going wide as Peter nodded with a shy grin. "Well I mean, you are! Uh, yeah, I mean, it's a date!"

"Cool!" Peter stepped back, "I'll pick you up at five."

At Y/n's nod of agreement, he clicked his tongue while doing finger guns, immediately facepalming when he stepped out the Deli. "If I hadn't had a date, I would definitely want to be swallowed whole by the ground right now."

4:57pm

4:57pm

Peter stood behind the building of the Deli, debating if he should be late, early, or exactly on time. "If I'm too early, I'll seem too eager. But if I'm late, I won't seem interested enough. Come on, Peter, hurry up and decide–"

"Peter?"

Peter quickly turned around to see Y/n looking at him curiously. He looked down, avoiding the embarrassment of the current situation and took notice of her outfit. She wore what she usually wore - her casual outfit.

Y/n took notice of Peter's eyes lingering on her outfit instead of on her face, which is usually where people look when having a conversation. "Um yeah, I didn't know what to wear and I didn't want to overdress... " she looked at the boy's outfit; sneakers, jeans, and a hoodie. Casual, like her. "What are you doing back here?"

"What were you doing?" Peter repeated, rubbing his palms against his jeans.

Y/n motioned to the trashcan the boy was standing by, "taking out the trash."

"Oh, right. Well, I was uh, doing the same actually," Peter said. "Had some candy wrappers in my pockets."

"Right," Y/n threw a small bag of trash away into the large trash bin, then turned back to the brunette who was willing to get trampled by rhinos to avoid his current embarrassment. "So, where are we going?"

__________
unedited