Seperate Lives (brian may)

(May 21st, 1975)

It still hurt.

It still hurt you to look at him and imagining running into his arms after a show. Running your hands through his long brown curls and kissing those soft lips. But you couldn't do that anymore.

You lay in bed just thinking about him, looking up at the ceiling not even feeling tired. All you could think of was him. From his perfect smile to his strong arms that used to wrap around you. You missed him badly.

You and Brian had dated for almost 2 years, but broke up when Queen started to become far more famous than what it was before their first few records.

You had come up with the idea, thinking it was better for the two of you. Looking back, you regretted it.

You suggested your idea to Brian and he was shocked when you told him.

"You're breaking up with me?" He said, with a sad look in his eyes.

"No Brian-" you said quietly.

"No, it sounds like you're breaking up with me," his quiet voice soon grew louder. Angrier even.

"I just think we should take a break. For a while. It'd be better for both of us..."

"I don't understand Y/N. We had a really good thing going here, now you just want to end it?!" He got up from the couch the two of you were sitting on, and started pacing a bit.

"I just don't want to be in the way Brian. I'll be a distraction to you during tours and recording sessions. I want you to do the best you can, and you can't do that when I'm there," you nearly started crying by then, but you quickly wiped away the tears.

Brain gave a loud sigh and turned away from you, "I completely disagree Y/N, but if that's what you think, I suggest you leave."

You got up hesitantly without saying another word to him, not wanting to argue anymore. You stepped out of the hotel room quietly and went down the hall. 

*~*~*

(October 15th, 1975)

Your break up was far worse than you thought it was going to be. It had been almost 5 months and you thought about Brian non-stop every single day. It was horrible.

Since you were great friends with the rest of the band they always wanted you around and to hang out, but it made it difficult since Brian was there as well.

Most of the time you decided against Freddie's invitations to parties, Roger's call's saying that he wanted you to hear a new song they were working on, or Deacy wanting you to join the band for lunch.

It was hard for you to say no, but for the most part they understood.

"Darling, it will be a splendid party," Freddie's voice boomed through the telephone.

You wrapped the phone cord around your finger and bit your lip, "I don't know Fred..."

"Y/N, you deserve to have some fun! So what if Brian is there?! There will be tons of other people there, you probably won't even see Brian."

"I can't, I'm sorry," you replied, hanging up the phone so Freddie wouldn't convince you to go.

*~*~*

(November 27th, 1975)

"You're coming to the show," Roger said, "No if's or but's. You're going and its settled."