Regret (jimmy page)

"Do you regret it?" You asked shyly.

"What?" Jimmy replied, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"I don't know..." your voice shook lightly, "Everything."

Jimmy sat his drink down on the table and flicked ashes in the ash tray. He gulped. It was quiet for a moment.

Your cheeks became hot. You got embarrassed. You shouldn't have asked that question. You were about to open your mouth to tell him to forget you asked, but he spoke first.

"Just because we didn't work out doesn't mean you weren't the best thing that ever happened to me," he looked you in the eyes, "Because you were."

"Yeah," you replied quietly, "You were too."

~*~*~

You and Jimmy had broken up about a year prior, around the beginning and the fame of Led Zeppelin. You were beyond proud of Jimmy, as this was his dream, but as the band got more famous, the two of you got further apart.

Everyone thought you and Jimmy would stay together forever, soulmates they'd say. And you thought that too. But it just never worked out...

The two of you never 'officially' broke up, but the both of you knew that it was the case. While you were aware of everything that went on behind the scenes in a rockstars life, you couldn't trust Jimmy to be loyal anymore, and you didn't fully blame him. That was a rockstars life, and you couldn't live like that.

~*~*~

Now you were sitting here across from Jimmy at a party, where Robert invited you since you guys were still friends.

"Can you believe we almost got married?" You laughed gingerly, taking a drink from your glass. You looked up at him and saw him smile slightly.

"Yeah, imagine..." Jimmy said, his words becoming quieter, his eyes shying away from you.

"Hey guys! What are you two up to?" Robert came around the corner where you were sitting.

"Oh, just- talking," you said to him, "But I was just leaving." You said getting up from your seat.

"It's only 11 o'clock, stay a while longer Y/N," Robert exclaimed.

"Sorry Robert, I have to work tomorrow. I shouldn't have stayed out this late anyways," you grabbed your purse, "Bye Robert. Bye Jimmy."

You began to walk out of the party and past all of the people crowded in the hallways.

Millions of thoughts were flooding you head about Jimmy. That conversation was unnecessary and you had gone too far reminiscing about almost getting married.

You walked down the front steps and down the street to your car, fumbling with your keys.

As you unlocked your car you heard someone call your name. You looked up to see Jimmy quickly hop down the front steps and towards you.

"Did I forget something inside?" You asked.

"Yes I regret it Y/N," he began, "I regret leaving leaving you here when we were on tour in America and not calling you every night, and doing all of those terrible things to you...I wish I could take them back but I can't. I still love you Y/N."

"James...I still love you too, but your life it still the same. You will still go on tour and you will still be tempted by those groupies...I wish it could work out but I don't think it can."

"Then come on tour with me," he said quietly.

"Really?" You were suprised.

"Yes, come with me. Please Y/N?"

You thought for a moment, but you did really miss him and what you guys were.

"Okay," you agreed.

He smiled and pulled you into a hug.

"I never want to leave you again," he whispered to you, swaying with you in the hug.

You pulled away and kissed him softly.

"God, I missed that," he said against your lips.

"Me too..."

-
-
-
💞❤🤩