🖤Chapter 9: Anxiety?

TW: implied s/lf-h/rm (c/tting)

🖤Chapter 9: Anxiety?-
Morality checks up on Anxiety.

Patton/Morality's POV:

Thomas went back to chilling and watching Netflix- NOT NETFLIX AND CHILL!!- after we finished a big batch of cookies... and we may or may not have eaten half of them- BUT WE COULDN'T RESIST!

'Now, what was I going to do before...?'

...

...

...

...

'RIGHT! I was going to check on Anxiety!', thinking of Anxiety my heart sink. I sighed, 'Maybe I can try talking to him more...'

I sank out the real world, appearing in my room.

Our rooms were set in a hallway in the mindscape; I was right next to Logan, across from us were Anxiety and Roman! Since I was right across from Anxiety, I opened my door to see a simple black door. 'Maybe I can help personalize it one day? Probably not...'

I did the same thing I did in the morning, reaching over to knock on the door— 'Wait... what if he's sleeping?'

I press my ear on the cold-surfaced door, hearing no noises through it. 'Maybe he is asleep? Does Anxiety sleep? He does have those eyeshadow eyebags, what if it is real, or to cover up his real ones?'

I swear, I can feel the anxious aura from the room already...

'Maybe I can just open the door to see if he is sleeping? Quietly? Yeah, I'm doing that.', I open the door very quietly, careful to not make it creak. There, I saw Anxiety, sleeping soundly, but his blanket was to the side. His room was very cold so I knew he had to be freezing, despite his jacket.

I pushed the door open a little bit more, enough to wiggle my body through the crack. I observed Anxiety's soundly form. He seemed calmer than usual, no scowl on his face, no snappy remarks. But... it looked like he was crying before, Eyeshadow smudged and dripping down, cheeks uncovered by his foundation and slightly red.

'My poor baby...'

I went to drape his black, furry blanket when I noticed white under Anxiety's sleeve. 'Anxiety never wore white... he only wore black... Why...?'

I pulled back his sleeve, making sure he won't wake up. I saw... bandages? 'Was he okay? Did he hurt himself on accident?' I made a mental note to ask him later when he was awake.

'I hope he's okay...' I thought as I draped his blanket over him.

'He should really sleep more,' I figured as I closed the door, gently and quietly.

I sighed as made my way to my room.

'Poor Anxiety... I really hope he's okay... He never says he is okay. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" he always says, joking and referencing My Chemical Romance... but... what if he wasn't pretending? Lying? Acting?'

'What if he's really hurting?'

Third Person POV:

Patton cried, like any worried parent would do when it came to their child; until dinner time, cooking the food like nothing was wrong. Being happy, as if he wasn't sad.

Virgil was still in his room sleeping.

Roman and Logan were being their ignorant and oblivious selves, not caring about Virgil being at the table, or realizing Patton's true emotions at the moment.

Patton was determined, reminding himself to talk to Virgil, right as he himself woke up the next day.

Two personalities fell asleep like any other day.
One was patiently waiting for the next day to come.
The last one was unconscious from previous activities.

🖤

A/N:
I'm not sure if I can update next Friday so if I don't, I'm sorry.