🤍Chapter 15: Help

🤍Chapter 15: Help-
Morality finds Anxiety in a vulnerable state.

Patton/Morality's POV:

"I have to go," Anxiety's words gave me chills down my spine.

'Something was wrong...'

He stood up, walking up the steps slowly. I was about to take another bite of my food when I heard light, fast steps up the stairs.

I look over at Roman and Logan, only to see them continuing doodling on a paper or to read a newspaper. (You can probably guess who did what)

'Did they actually not care about Anxiety? At all?'

I looked at my food before speaking up, "Hey, Roman, do you mind if you eat mine?", knowing Roman always liked extras.

"Sure! But, um, you okay? You usually eat all your food."

"Yeah, I just ate more than usual yesterday..." clearly lying. It looked as if Logan was about to say something but didn't.

I looked over to Anxiety's empty seat, a plate 3/4 full.

'He barely ate... and no one cares? That he's not even here? Or left more than half of his food?'

I figured no one would be hungry enough to eat Anxiety's leftovers so I quickly wrapped it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge.

I took another quick glance at the other two before going upstairs.

"I will wash the dishes later, I need to take care of something. Just put the plates in the sink for me please..." I called down the stairs, not as cheerful as normal, though the two unconcerned traits didn't realize.

I heard two 'mhm's and headed up to Anxiety's room.

It looked like he was in such a rush he didn't even lock the door, let alone close it.

I stepped into the room quietly, quickly noticing the sobs and what sounded like the noise of someone vomiting.

'Please tell me I'm hearing is just me getting old'

The room's bathroom door had a small entrance, light beaming into the dark room. I crept to the door and peaked in the bathroom, not trying to be creepy or anything.

I'm just... really, really worried.

I gasped as I saw Anxiety, huddled over a toilet seat. Vomiting. Just after he ate breakfast, which he didn't even eat half of.

"Anxiety!", I ran up to him.

His eyes were dull, grey, emotionless, at least at the time. He seemed to be done emptying his stomach, which made me fret even more.

A thought came to me.

'Did Anxiety have an eating disorder?'

I pushed the thought into storage as I helped Anxiety up and he leaned on the sink. He got the message and cleaned himself. Meanwhile, I flushed the throw-up down the toilet, not caring if it was gross, my son was more important. I wiped the toilet seat, then lead Anxiety and myself onto the bed. It took a few long minutes, me questioning Anxiety's health every second.

He didn't say anything.

We both sat on his bed in utter silence. Me, still troubled by the health of my child. Him, completely dazed.

"Anxiety?" no response.

"Anxiety, you have to tell me. Everything. Please..." nothing.

"I'm worried about you, Anxiety... If you're not going to tell me, I understand, but-"

"I'll tell you just- I-," Anxiety stuttered out. He stopped, afraid to continue. I gave him a look, telepathically telling him that it was okay.

"Just... don't tell anyone, okay? P-please?"

"I won't," I smiled, "I promise," that seemed to reassure him.

-

"From the beginning?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" Anxiety said, obviously confused.

"From when you first formed?" I wanted to know the whole story. "I didn't even get to know you at all then..." I started to feel sad thinking about it.

"Well..."

"Wait..." I cut him off. I can tell he was still unsettled by something, looking around from areas in the room for something off-putting.

I walked over to the door, locking the handle.

'Better for Roman and Logan to stay out of this, plus, they might make it worse. Anxiety probably wouldn't tell how he was feeling in front of Logan and Roman.'

I turned back and grinned. He looked a little surprised at me for actually wanting to talk to him and not leave the room, and for considering locking the door.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea..."

I walked back to the bed, practically plopping down on it.

"Don't you need to wash the dishes? Logic and Princey are probably done with breakfast..." I was a little stressed about how he never said our real names, beside me after I told him it was completely fine to call me Patton.

"It's fine, I'll do it later. Making sure my son is okay is more important," calling him my son always made me light up a little.

"I'm not your son," he pouted, 'accidentally' making a Hamilton reference.

"Nah, I think you are!" I told him, making us both laugh.

We went back to serious moods, me waiting for Anxiety to tell his life story. Wanting to make him say everything.

🤍

A/N:
A little longer than usual.

Posting this early because I'm bored but I will probably post the next chapter on the usual scheduled Friday (next Friday, not this week).