🖤Chapter 10: Insomnia

TW: insomnia, s/lf-h/rm mention (c/tting), self-deprecating thoughts

🖤Chapter 10: Insomnia-
Anxiety scrolls through Tumblr while suffering from his insomnia.

Third Person POV:

Everyone was asleep until it turned 11 o' clock. Virgil woke up, due to his consistent nightmares every night.

He laid there, in his bed and covered in blankets, staring at the ceiling; thinking of how miserable life was. The darkness around him, he tried to ignore.

'Insomnia is just great'

Virgil/Anxiety's POV:

'Insomnia is just great'

I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the blackness that surrounded me, the pitch black dark. I felt as if someone was in the corner of the room, but there is never anything there. It wasn't a person or side, this is not one of those stories; it was just my imagination sadly.

It was stupid, knowing something was not there but being scared anyways.

I just couldn't physically sleep either, not at night at least. I usually took naps during the day, since there was always light then, but not daily.

I̶̷̸̭̽ ̴̧̡j͙̯͍̯̦͓͒͆̐ͬ͌̑us͂ͪ̒̊͆̈͑ͬ̋ͣ̽ͦ͊t̅̓ͦͤ̇̑͢͝ ̴̧͛ͯ̄̔ͤͤͯ̚w̵̡̛̜͚̣̫̙̙͙̏́̀̉̒͗ͨ̍ͅa̫̝͕̳̣̼͕̯̪̖̣͔̳̦̓̄ͫͪ̆ͩ́͑ͪ̆̾͑́ͭn̥̼͕̞̗̳̫̏͒̿̒̊ͧͣţ̡̭͍̜̰̋̉͂ͩ͢ ͔͙̱͎̦̼͍̣̰̫̼͔̥ͣͫͨ̈́ͩ̋͂́ͨͪ̀̇̂ͯͅt̋̈͊̉ͧ͒̓̉͡o̓̂̍ͩ̀̎́ ͮ͒̋̀̇ͮͮ̈̈́̈̏͑f҉̸͝e͚̜͇̩̳̤̬̺̰ͧͣͩ̈ͫ͋ͩͧ̉́́̕e͇̠̣̮̗̰̭̭̪͎̱̓̽͆ͪͥͯ̇ͥ̏̒ͥ̕͡l̰͖͎͖̼͎̗͉̖͔̜͆ͯͯ̋̇̈ͮ̈̾̾̆ ̓͛̇s̶͓̞̫̱͍̹̳͇͓͚̩̫̹̯a͎̻̘͇̫͈̯̝̪̬̤̔̃ͣ͗͋͋ͪͣͪ̑̈́f͎͙͕͉̺̾͂̈́͆͌ê̛̥͔̝͎̣̟̫͎̐ͣ̍̀̊ͥ̽̾͜ͅ.̺̺̊̇

Nowhere is safe, Virgil.

'I guess I can just I could just scroll through Tumblr again...' I ignored the voice in my head.

I ran my finger over multiple angsty, emo, relatable post, some aesthetic edits, inspiration quotes, and 'creepy' black ink art.

Passing over an MCR edit, I saw a self-help post.

(I actually use this method)

-

LawyerSawyer:

TRIGGER WARNING!
As much as you want to, do not s/lf-h/rm.
If you currently are, here is a tip to stay clean- and maybe even stop.
Even if you don't, it may prevent you to not give in to your desires.
Instead of a kn/fe, bl/de, or whatever you use, use a rubber band.
Put the rubber band on your wrist and snap it against your skin whenever you feel like s/lf-h/rming, anxious, or angry.
Hopefully, you can gradually go to using a hair tie, then stopping altogether.
Stay strong, all of you. ~🖤
!! Make sure the rubber band is loose enough and doesn't cut off circulation in your wrist, make sure it is snuggly!!

-

My heart ached, tear threatened to take over- 'Did people really helped others? Even if they don't know them, even if they are just an account on a computer screen?'

'Did people care?'

No, they don't. They're all just pretending.

I scrolled down to the comments section.

-

self_health: This really helped! Thank you so much!
LawyerSawyer: Of course, this really helped me too.💙

Badwrasse: 🖤🖤🖤

DixiWrites: I support all of you out there!🖤

TrishZeCrazy: Does this really help?
LawyerSawyer: Yes, it really does. I hope it helps you.💙
Virgil_is_cool: As a fellow rubber band user, I can say it really does help!

forforeverwithacorn: I arrived at the hair tie stage! I'm proud of myself!
IWillNeverBeSatisfied: Congratulations!
Acorn: Proud of you, babe!💞

Love2readforeves: I give love to all of you out there!💜

More...

-

I didn't really need to read anymore.

'Maybe I can try it?'

It won't help, nothing can with a piece of trash like you.

🖤

A/N:
A short(er) chapter because I have a field trip today.
Also, does anyone get ALL of the name references?!