🖤Chapter 20: Interruption

A/N:
Sooo... changed the cover from the redraw I did. Do you guys like it? I personally like it better cause I feel like the old cover made no sense. Plus, my art style has improved a lot in my opinion!

TW: an/r/x/a implied, self-deprecating thoughts, verbal bullying/ab/use?, upcoming panic attack

🖤Chapter 20: Interruption-
Anxiety and Morality bond even more. A certain red trait interrupts their moment.

Virgil/Anxiety's POV:

I took Patton's hand as I let him lift me up. He almost lost his grip for some reason, concern in his eyes.

"W-what?" I asked him.

"You're just... so light..." I gave the moral side a small smile, trying to tell him to not be so worried. He returned it, but I could still see the slight worry in his eyes.

~Timeskip given to you by my insanity after the latest episode~

The light trait was humming, scrubbing down the dishes.

I was just sitting at the dining table, staring at nothing and not really doing anything.

"Hey, kiddo?"

He pulled me out of my haze. "Yeah?" I responded.

"...You okay?" I was 'a bit' set back by the question and jumped.

Patton stopped washing the dishes- almost dropping them in the sink- confused and scared. I immediately started speaking.

"Wait, sorry, I just- gAh. Sorry, Mor- Patton. I'm just... not used to being asked that question..."

Morality gave me a sad look, "I'm sorry, Anx..." I could tell he felt a little guilty.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's not like you did anything. It's not your fault I'm like this..." I lowered my voice.

His voice broke, "But that's the thing. I didn't do anything to help you. You were- are suffering. You do so much for us and we do nothing to acknowledge it..." I was surprised, he seemed as if he was a little pissed. He put down the plates and when over to me after drying his hands off.

I really didn't know what to say. Pat sighed, "You absorb all of the negativity just for you to suffer, yet we just assume and blame you. For no reason, no evidence. Just because your function is Anxiety. But it's not like you asked for it. How did I never realize...?!"

I watched, terrified someone would hear him. Patton was practically yelling.

"Anx...? Oh my god, I'm so sorry-" the trait cupped his mouth with his hands.

"It- It's okay, Pat..." I stuttered. Shy. I was surprised. "Do you really care that much?"

A little too loud, he yelled, "YES!" Patton jumped on me, squeezing me in another hug.

'So many hugs today. So many tears.'

I hesitated when hugging back but I grinned. A genuine grin. Not a sarcastic. Not fake.
A happy one.