Wednsday afternoon

During class Budo couldn't stop thinking about Ayano. He was concerned about his newly found friend. He wished that she would open up to him.

While Ayano was in class, memories flew around in her head.

"Ayano-chan! Are you ready to go?" Taro Yamada said, putting his hand on her shoulder. Ayano blushed.

"U-um yeah, for sure," Ayano stuttered. They walked out of the school building and towards Ayano's house.

"You look nervous, are you okay?" Taro asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm great," Ayano said, shaking. In reality she really was nervous. She was not looking forward to the events to come.

The two friends reached the house of Ayano Aishi. Ayano shakily fidgeted with her keys. Finally she unlocked the door and it creaked open. "You have a really lovely home, Ayano," Taro said taking a deep breath in, smelling the delightful scent of Ayano's house.

"A-alright, lets go ahead to the basement." Ayano said. Taro walked towards the door that he assumed led to the basement. While his back was facing her, she grabbed a knife that was lying on her kitchen counter and she quickly followed Taro down the stairs.

"Wow... It's really creepy down here..."

Ayano shuttered at the thought of that day. Her mind glanced back to Budo. Why did she feel so compelled to have him comfort her. She felt so much like she needed him in that moment. She knows now that she doesn't. She doesn't need anybody.

Class ended and people rushed to get their cleaning supplies. She spotted Budo wiping down a desk in his class room. She ignored the thought telling her to clean next to him and went to the bathroom. She leaned against the bathroom stall and pulled out her black Saiko smart phone. She scrolled through her social media, and she found herself searching for Budo's profile. He had pictures of him and his family, a few of himself, but the majority of them were pictures of him and the rest of the martial arts club members. Part of her hoped that she would be in one of his pictures some day. Of course that can't happen. She left his profile and scrolled some more.

After cleaning time was over, Ayano went back to the martial arts room. She saw Budo standing in their spot from this morning with a space next to him, perfect for Ayano's petite body to fit in. Budo hoped Ayano would stand with him. He thought that if she did, they could talk some more. But Ayano averted her gaze at Budo. She found some other members sparring, and a few more sitting Indian style on the floor. She soon realized that they were meditating. She had heard of meditating, but she had never had time to explore it. She sat against the wall where the members were sitting. She placed her hands on her knees and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath in as she entered a beautiful state of relaxation.

"AAAH! HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP!" The voice that Ayano loved so dearly cried out.

Ayano jumped in her seat. She started to breathe heavier and faster. She was filled with panic. Budo glanced over at the troubled girl and ran to her. He kneeled down next to Ayano. "What's the matter?! Are you okay!" Budo said. Ayano didn't want the help of this stupid boy.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Ayano said gasping for air.

"No, I can tell you're not okay. You must be having an anxiety attack." Budo worriedly said.

"I said I'm fine! You don't know anything," Ayano panted. Tears were involuntarily steaming down her sheet white face. She tried to push Budo away, but all the strength was drained from the girl's body.

"Okay then... I'll leave you be. Just please take care of yourself." Budo hesitantly got up from the floor.

Why did Budo care so much for her! She hated that he was right about her having anxiety. Ayano was scared. She had never experienced something like that before. She calmed down and arose from her seat. Ayano decided that meditation was not for her. She walked over to Budo. "I'm sorry for snapping at you, you were right. May I be excused to go get a drink," Ayano asked.

"Only if I can come with you," Budo said, smiling sweetly.

They started waking towards the cafeteria. "How did you know that I was having anxiety," Ayano wondered.

"I have frequent anxiety, only a few people here at school know about it though. Anyway, do you still plan to come to my party?" Budo asked. Ayano didn't really want to go, but she knew that she had to become better friends with him.

"Yes of course! I'm really looking forward to it!" Ayano lied with a sweet, deceiving smile.

They finally reached the vending machine. Ayano stuck her hand into her martial arts uniform pocket. "Damn! I must have left my money in my skirt pocket," Ayano said.

"Don't worry, it's my treat." Budo pulled his wallet out of his pocket and bout himself a Pretsy. "What do you want," He said to Ayano.

"I'll have a diet Coca-Dora," Ayano said. Budo put the money in the slot and pressed the button. The soda can fell into the box.

"So you like diet, huh?" Budo asked.

"Yeah, I find that it tastes better. And besides, it's better for you." Ayano said as she popped open her soda. Budo leaned down towards her soda and took the first sip that Ayano was about to take. Ayano gasped and he face turned red. "What's wrong with yo-"

"Hmm, I think I prefer regular Coca-Dora better after all," Budo interrupted. Ayano's anger settled down. The idea of drinking from the same spot of the same drink that her club leader drank out of made her disgusted, but even while thinking that she blushed as she took a long sip from the can. "I'm sorry," Budo laughed.

"It's fine, it was funny," Ayano couldn't help but to giggle when Budo was so bold like that. Budo had never seen her laugh. He looked at the giggling girl and laughed with her. He thought about how cute she was when she laughed like that.

By the time the two friends made it back upstairs, club time had ended. "Goodbye Ayano-chan! I'll see you in a few hours!" Budo said.

"About that, I don't have your address. I've never been to your house before," Ayano said. This was true. She had never been to another one of her classmate's houses before... with their consent anyway.

"Well, why don't you just walk home with me. It'll be easier than going to your place and walking all the way back to mine," Budo suggested.

"Okay then, let me just get into some casual clothes that I have in my bag." Ayano said.

Budo and Ayano went into two separate changing rooms. Budo came back out in his normal school uniform. he stood patiently, waiting for his new friend. Ayano stepped out of the changing room with a black skater skirt and a cropped white v-neck. She wore white sneakers and was shoving her martial arts uniform into her bag. "Wow! You look really nice," Budo said cheerfully.

"Thanks," Ayano zipped up her bag and swung it over her shoulder.

They started hiking back to Budo's house. They talked to each other about useless topics. Once they reached his home, Budo and Ayano both slipped off their shoes at his front door. His house had snacks and small decorations laid out for that nights party. Ayano sat on his couch while Budo made them both some tea. Budo came back with two steaming tea cups. Both of the cups were white with a golden stripe around them. Ayano thought how Budo looked sophisticated while holding them. He handed the cup in his left hand to Ayano. "Thank you," Ayano said, reaching for the hot tea cup. Budo excused himself to change into the clothes he was to wear later that night. He came back wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt with a pocket at his chest.

Budo sat down next to the beautiful girl sitting on his very own couch. "Budo-sama, I wanted to say thank you for being there for me at the fountain today." Ayano said, scooting closer to the boy. He blushed.

"I was happy to. I just really want you to be okay. When you figure out what else it is that's bothering you, please let me know. I want to be there for you," Budo said.

"Of course," Ayano smiled through the sadness she was feeling. She changed the subject and with every word she spoke, it seemed like she'd moved closer to Budo.

Budo never wanted this moment to end.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone~ Thank you guys so much for reading this! I love this story so much and it means the world to me that somebody could love it too! if you did, please be sure to vote! Leave any questions you have in the comments!

- Ella<3