Saturday, January 24th

Mina Rai and Shima Shita stayed with Budo Matsuta and Ayano Aishi at the hospital until midnight. The two girls said goodbye to Budo and Ayano. Mina gave Ayano a little wink before she walked out out of the door.

"I guess you're tired now, right," Ayano asked Budo. She woke up at 7pm, so she'd only been awake for five hours.

"A little bit. I'll stay up as long as you'd like me to though," Budo said.

"No you need your sleep. I'll be fine," Ayano said. She really didn't want him to go to sleep, but she knew it was best for him. "I have a lot to think about anyway."

"Don't let the thoughts get trapped inside your head. Share them with me." He looks at Ayano with convincing eyes.

"Fine," she said. They sat together on the couch next to the window.

"So, what's bothering you." Budo said to the smiling girl.

"Honestly nothing. That's what's bothering me. I feel so refreshed and happy. Everyone's telling me that I'm acting acting differently. I don't think I am, but I wouldn't really know. The doctor said that the only reason I should be acting differently is if I was taught a specific way to act before. Or if something was making me act the way I did before. Although I'd like to know everything, I'm not sure I'd like to get my memories back. I'm tired, confused, and my head hurts. But I'm happy." Ayano looked at Budo and realized that he was completely lost.

"What I'm trying to say is that I think something or someone raised me in a way that made me act the way I did. I hit my head and I forgot what I was taught." Ayano said.

"I see... What do you remember," Budo asked.

"Well I remember how to speak, breathe. Words and phrases. Basic knowledge. It's mostly just personal memories that I don't remember. The doctor said that I probably won't get those back, but a part of me is okay with that. It's hard to miss memories if you don't remember them. I assume my parents are abroad?" Ayano asked.

"Yeah, we tired to call them but your mom just kept saying that you're fixed. 'You're finally fixed.' Whatever that means." Budo said.

"I do feel fixed. In an odd way." Ayano said. Although she seemed happier, her voice was the same blank, monotoned voice it's always been. "So I know I'm a third year in high school. What else can you tell me about me?" Ayano smiled.

Budo was very glad she asked. He loved to talk about her. "Well, you were friends with basically everyone. You were always helping people out, doing them favors." Budo said, his eyes gleaming.

"Come on Matsuta-kun, I want the bad things," Ayano said, laughing.

Budo chuckled. "Alright, well You have anxiety. We actually just found out the other day. That's how we got close. I was always the one to help you out."

"Wow... Thank you. I'm sure I thanked you before, but right now I'm so grateful." Ayano said, tears in her eyes. "Anyway... I would ask you about yourself, but I think the best way to get to know someone is to find out for yourself," Ayano sniffled. "You've been such a good hep today. I'm so glad you're here.... Matsuta-kun, I'm sorry if the way I've been acting is different than the girl you used to like. I understand if you don't feel the same way anymore." Ayano said looking down.

"Mina-chan and I were talking about it, and we still think you're the same girl. You're you, but happier. You were going through a lot when we first knew you and now the weight is lifted off of your shoulders. If anything, it just makes me like you more." Budo blushed.

...

"Budo-kun. I don't know how I felt before, but there is no way I didn't like you. No matter how I felt before, I like you now." Ayano looked at Budo with her watery, black eyes.