Monday, January 26

Bump!

Ayano's head bumped on the police car window. She woke up and grabbed her aching throat. She looked at her surroundings.

Gasp!

"Aah, you're awake!" The driver said from the front seat. 

"Wha- Where am I?" Ayano looked through the metal bars that separated her and the driver. 

"A group of people heard a gunshot from inside a building. They called us to come in and investigate. We found you passed out next to a a dead man with a bullet in his chest. 

Ayano tensed up. "Am I going to jail?" Ayano's voice shook. 

"No, we saw the strains and bruises on your neck. We know he tried to strangle you. We're just bringing you in for some questions."

Ayano grabbed her neck. She squinted as the pain struck her.

The car pulled over. The officer got out and and opened Ayano's door for her. He led her inside the police station and sat her down in an office. 

"Good luck and stay safe." The officer said, closing the office door. 

A few seconds later she heard a light knock on the door before it opened. 

"Good morning. I am investigator Robin Penber, I am going to be asking you a few questions about last night's events." The investigator sat down in the chair in front of Ayano. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Ayano Aishi." She answered. 

"Yes, it says here that you recently were in the hospital. What happened?" He read out of a folder laying in his lap. 

"I tripped walking up the stairs in my school." Ayano answered. She wasn't worried at all. She knew just how to handle police investigations. 

"Alright, what were you doing in that building?" Investigator Penber asked.

"I had to discuss some work matters with my boss." Ayano said. 

"And what is your job?" He asked. 

"I am an intern for his art company. We make art there and sell it online." Ayano explained. That was the business cover up. There were paintings all around the building and a really cheap 'ART' sign on the front of the building.  

"Alright and what do you do as an intern?" He asked.

"I mostly just make coffee runs, but occasionally I will paint something." Ayano so perfectly lied.

"Now what did you say to your boss that made him so upset?" He questioned.

"I told him I was quitting." She said.

"And then what happened?"

"He grabbed my neck and he started to strangle me."

"Then.."

"Then I grabbed my gun out if my coat and shot him in his chest."

"Why did you have a gun with you?" He asked.

"I started to feel unsafe at work. It started looking run down and people started disappearing. Don't worry though, I have a license." 

"Good now," He smiled, "How do you feel?"

Ayano lightened up. "Tired." She said.

"Well, you get to go home. We'll give you a ride. Your parents haven't responded at all..."

"Yeah, they're living abroad in the US." Ayano said. 

The investigator led Ayano outside and into his car. Ayano smiled and hopped in the passenger seat. 

They quietly sat still during the ride. Ayano stared out the window at the bright daylight. 

"Wait!" Ayano gasped. "What time is it?" She asked worriedly. 

"It is currently 12:02" He said, looking up from his watch. He looked over at Ayano's worrisome face. "What's the matter?" He asked.

"I was supposed to be back at school today. Everyone was counting on me." Ayano sighed. "Budo..."

"I'll tell you what, I can bring you by your house so you can change. Then I can drive you to school." The nice man said. 

"Really? Thank you so much!" Ayano exclaimed. 

So he drove her home. Ayano jumped out of the car. She told her she'd only be a minute, so he could just wait in the car. She ran to her house and rushed to change into her school uniform. She hurried back out with her hair half done and her shoelaces untied. Ayano ran out side and hopped in the car.

"I'm ready!" She panted, putting her raven hair up into a messy ponytail. 

"Alright lets go." Officer Penber started the car and drove off to Akedemi High School. 

"So how long have your parents been gone?" He asked.

"A few years now." Ayano answered while tying her shoe.

"Do you have any idea when they're coming back?" The detective asked.

"Honestly no and if I'm being completely honest, I don't mind living by myself." Ayano said. 

"Hmm... Well, here we are." He said while he pulled up to Akedemi High.

"Thank you so much for all your help." Ayano smiled while she got out if the car.

"You take car Miss Aishi." The officer said. 

Ayano pushed the door closed and ran up the path to Akedemi High. 

"It's around 1:00, so I should be in lunch right now." Ayano ran past the lockers, not leaving herself any time to change her shoes. She ran all the way upstairs to the roof. There Budo was eating out of his bento box with a sad expression on his face.

He looked up. "Ayano, where were you?" Budo asked worriedly.

"I-I broke my phone and I had to get a new one." Ayano half lied. "See," she pulled her new phone out to show Budo.

"Oh I see." Budo said. "I'm just really glad to see you... Um.. I've been thinking about something for a while and I know that we both have feelings for each other..." Budo said nervously. "..But I was wondering if you wanted to make it official. Ayano Aishi. Will you be my girlfriend?"

________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say that I am SO SO sorry it took me so long to update. I know I said I would update more this summer and I'm sorry. I promise this time I'll update more! I love you guys and thank you so much for reading this. I hope you enjoyed. Please feel free to write me anything on how I can improve and just share your thoughts. Love Ya'll!!

~ Ella