Friday, January 23d

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

The steady sound of Ayano's hear monitor echoed through the hospital room. Budo looked at the sleeping girl, patiently. The florescent lights shine on her skin. He longed for the moment she woke up. Just the opening of her eyes would stop Budo's heart from racing with worry. Budo remembered what the doctor said.

"She has a very bad concussion. She most likely won't wake up for a while, and she might suffer from major memory loss."

Budo slipped school that Friday to stay with Ayano. He couldn't stand the thought of Ayano being alone when she woke up. Since her parents were abroad, she would have been alone with most of her memories gone.

Mina Rai and Shima Shita offered to stay with her too, but Budo politely told them no.

"It'll be a while before she wakes up. I'll call you when she does so that you can come," Budo told the girls.

Budo looked back at Ayano and smiled. Even sleeping, and in pain she's beautiful. Budo thought back to the other night. The kiss they shared felt so real to him. There was some sort of click. It was as if he realized he'd loved her all of his life.

Ayano rustled around in the bed. "Oh, Ayano. Please be okay..."

**************************************************

"Oh Ayano, please be okay."

The voice echoed in the girls head. She had been awake for a while, but her head hurt too badly to open her eyes.

Ayano...

The girls mind went blank.

I wonder if that's me, she thought.

Ayano reluctantly opened her eyes. She saw a handsome, masculine figure staring at her. She blushed and nervously pulled the covers up to her nose.

"You're awake!" Budo loudly exclaimed. Ayano cringed at the sudden loud noise. "Oh, I'm sorry Ayano-chan. Your head must really hurt," Budo said coming closer to the scared girl.

"My names Ayano.... What's my last name?" Ayano asked, calming down. Her angelic voice was music to Budo's ears.

"Aishi. Your name is Ayano Aishi. I'm Budo Matsuta," Budo said hoping she would remember him.

"Matsuta-kun, what happened to me?" Ayano asked. Hearing her call Budo by his last name saddened him.

"We we're walking up the stairs together and you tripped on your shoelace. You hit your head pretty bad on the stairs," Budo told her.

"I see." Ayano looked down. "Were you my boyfriend?" Ayano asked with somewhat hopeful eyes.

"W-What? N-no!" Budo's face turned beet red.

"Oh," Ayano looked out the window. The night sky seemed to call out to her.

"I- I mean, not officially. We kissed and I liked you. I- I like you, I mean." Budo said blushing. He knew it was wrong to tell her that they were dating, yet he wanted it so badly.

"We- We did?" Ayano blushed. "Matsuta-kun, I wish I could remember. Did I have any other friends?" Ayano asked.

That's right! Mai and Shima!

"Yeah! Let me call them," Budo said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out his silver siakou phone and dialed Mina's number. "Hey, Mina-chan! Ayano-chan is awake and she wants to see you and Shima-chan! Okay, see you soon." He hung up the phone. "They're on the way," he said. Ayano kept her eyes on his phone. "Huh, Oh! Your phone is over here, I'll get it for you."