Chapter 4

Lloyd poked his head into the hall. "It's so annoying how when I don't want to talk to him, I have to follow him around, but when I have a question about this Oni crap that's been going on, he's nowhere to be found." He muttered, not knowing Garmadon was walking up behind him

"You looking for me?" Garmadon smirked when Lloyd jumped

Lloyd turned to look at his father "Yeah. I've got a question about this." Lloyd pointed at his now multicolored eyes. "Will it go away?"

"Yes, if nothing interferes with it."

"Let me guess, you're gonna interfere with this stopping?"

"Yes."

"Why do you want my Oni side to overpower my Dragon side?"

"That's for me to know. And you to not know."

"Seriously?"

"Yes." Garmadon replied. Lloyd rolled his eyes and headed towards the deck of The Bounty. "I plan on twisting the knife quite a bit more."

----

Lloyd walked up to the deck, and over to the rest of the Ninja. "I already told them Lloyd." Kai said when he got over to them. "They won't freak out."

Lloyd smiled softly as he looked up from the ground. "Woah, that's so cool!" Jay exclaimed, every looked at him like he was crazy "But it's uh bad...."

Lloyd laughed "My father is trying to get My Oni side to overpower My Dragon side for some reason..."

"Did you find out if it'll go away?" Kai asked

"He said it would if nothing interferes with it..."

"Meaning?"

"If I don't get angry like I did again for a while I should be fine..." Lloyd replied "Problem is, he plans on making that hard."

"So all you gotta do is avoid your dad. No big deal." Cole shrugged

"I could avoid him, but how? He kind of lives with us right now." Lloyd replied as Garmadon came up to the deck of the Bounty. Lloyd sighed and leaned on the railing of the deck, he looked down at Ninjago City. It was covered in darkness

Kai put a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Hey, it'll be okay. We'll find a way to save everyone."

"There's only one way to save anyone." Garmadon said as he walked up behind Lloyd and Kai. "Destroy the Realm Crystal."

"Didn't Sensei and Cyrus Borg move it to Borg Tower?" Lloyd asked Kai

"Yeah, the basement with a whole bunch of other cursed artifacts." Kai replied

"Only an Oni can survive in the darkness." Garmadon stated "I will go alone."

"Are you forgetting that Lloyd's part Oni to?" Jay asked

"He is only part Oni, and his Dragon side is stronger as of now. The darkness could kill him."

"But, there's no way we can let you go alone." Lloyd sighed "I'm coming to."

Garmadon scowled as Nya walked over to Lloyd and handed him a parachute. "This camera should let is see what happens down there, and let us know if someone tries anything." Nya said as she placed a GoPro camera on Lloyd's head

"Thanks Nya." Lloyd replied, knowing who she meant by someone. Lloyd looked at Garmadon "I guess he'll need a weapon." He muttered

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Kai asked "He might-"

"If he attacks me, I can take care of myself." Lloyd replied as he tossed a sword over to Garmadon. Garmadon smirked as he picked up the sword. Lloyd cautiously climbed up onto the railing of the deck. "We'll meet you at the top of Borg Tower."

"Good luck Lloyd."

"Thanks." Lloyd looked at Garmadon, then back at Kai "I might just need it."

Garmadon rolled his eyes "This is taking to long." He shoved Lloyd over the side of the Bounty and then jumped over the railing

-----

Lloyd opened his parachute a few feet from the ground. Garmadon landed a few feet away, he had a smirk on his face. Once Lloyd landed Garmadon started walking away. "Seriously?" Lloyd mumbled as he started to walk towards Garmadon. Once he caught up with Garmadon he sarcastically said "Wow, I'm not dead."

"That was idiotic of you."

"Well I'm not dead." Lloyd mumbled. They walked through the shadows in the street, until Lloyd saw Cyrus Borg. "Oh no Cyrus Borg!" He exclaimed as he ran over to the frozen scientist. "Mr.Borg? Mr.Borg can you hear me?"

"He can't hear you. He's in a very deep sleep." Garmadon said as he walked past Lloyd "The only way you can save him is by destroying the Realm Crystal."

"But maybe Uncle Wu could-"

"Let's go. You can't save him unless we break the Realm Crystal." Garmadon scowled as he grabbed Lloyd's hood and dragged him away from Borg

"Hey!" Lloyd exclaimed

"The nightmares your friends spoke of. What were they about?"

"What do you care?"

"Your fears are your weaknesses.,"

"You're gonna try to use my fears against me?"

"I might not, but the Oni might."

"Fine. They're mostly memories, or twisted visions of thing that've happened."

"Like what?"

"When I was a kid, I freed the Serpentine. I was kidnapped by them as well as betrayed by them."

"You're afraid of snakes?"

"They freak me out a little."

"Why would you free the Serpentine?"

"The first tribe I freed was an accident. I didn't know it was the Hypnobri tomb... But then the general of the Hypnobri hypnotized himself on accident and I was in control of the Hypnobri for a few days... Until they betrayed me. After that, I freed the Fangpyer for revenge, and then the last Anacondri, Pythor." Lloyd stopped for a second "You... You might not remember, but Pythor almost killed you after you turned good. He shoved you off a cliff into the ocean, and then kidnapped me."

Garmadon looked down at Lloyd, he frowned, to him, Lloyd was pretty much still a small child. "What else?"

"I... I'm slightly terrified that I'll get possessed by a ghost again..."

"Really?"

"Morro wasn't exactly nice. When he wasn't possessing me, I was locked in a cage, and that reminded me for when the Serpentine kidnapped me when I was a kid. When he was possessing me, he... He threatened to...." Lloyd took a breath "He threatened to kill my friends, he kept saying that if I didn't stop fighting his possession, my friends blood would be on my hands."

"Anything else?"

"Well um..."

"Go ahead."

"I have slight trust issues...."

"Harumi caused that, didn't she."

"Y-Yeah actually..." Lloyd took another breath "She.. She tricked me..." Lloyd looked at the ground as he walked "She used me. To resurrect you."