Chapter 11

It had been a few days since the people of Ninjago had chosen Lloyd to be Emperor. Cyrus Borg had put himself in charge of the restoration of the castle, as soon as it was finished, the Ninja, Wu, Misako, and Garmadon would move into the newly rebuilt palace. Lloyd was taking a walk around Ninjago City, trying to clear his mind. Of course, he'd had to sneak off the Bounty so he could have some alone time. He was nervous about the whole Emperor of Ninjago thing. He didn't want to be absent and let people forget he was there, but he also didn't know how he would keep it from happening, sure he could show up in public more then the last royal family, but he knew literally nothing about politics or what the emperor actually did. His phone began to ring. He glanced at the screen. His father was calling. "Crap." He answered the phone "Heeeey Dad...."

"Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, where the heck are you?!"

"I'm just taking a walk, I'm fine."

"Why the heck didn't you tell-"

"I just needed some alone time dad, and some fresh air."

"Fine, just be careful, and if you get kidnapped you're grounded."

"Okay Dad." Lloyd, ironically, knew exactly where he was and where he was going. He was two streets away from Doomsday Comics. "I'll be home soon, I'm just gonna stop at Doomsday Comics and pick up the new issue of Starfarer."

Garmadon laughed "Okay, just be careful, and call if you need one of the other Ninja."

"Bye Dad." Lloyd said before hanging up, "Okay, time to go get a comic book." He grinned dorkily as he walked down the street

———

"Well if it isn't Lloyd Garmadon." Rufus smiled as Lloyd walked up to the counter in Doomsday Comics "I thought you got in trouble last time you walked the city alone."

"I did, but I don't think I'm grounded, unless I get kidnapped then my dad is gonna ground me." Lloyd shrugged "Is Starfarer still in the same spot or did you reorganize on me?"

"Still in isle two, better hurry, only three copies of the new issue left in shop."

"Thanks Rufus!" Lloyd grinned as he rushed (walked very fast) towards isle two. He walked through the isle, scanning the shelves for the new issue of Starfarer. "Found it." He mumbled as he grabbed a comic off the shelf. He smiled as he looked at the cover. "The story last left off with Fritz Donnagon facing off with an army of lizard people, with only his trusty laser gun and a broken pen." He grinned, excited to read the comic, he was about to go back to the counter and pay, when someone tapped his shoulder

"Excuse me?" Someone Saïd from behind him

Lloyd turned and saw a woman with short reddish hair and a little boy "Can I help you?"

"My son saw you come in, You're Lloyd Garmadon right, the Green Ninja?"

"Yeah."

"I got my son a comic that was based on your battle with the overlord a few years ago, he saw you come in and wanted to ask you if you'd sign it."

Lloyd looked at the small boy, he had short black hair and blue eyes, and he looked so excited. "Sure. I would love to." Lloyd smiled softly at the little boy "I'll go ask Rufus if he's got a pen."

"I have one." The little boy grinned as he pulled out a green pen

"Okay then." Lloyd sat on the floor across from the boy, who handed him the comic and the pen "What's your name?"

"Daniel, but my friends call me Danny."

"Well I'm Lloyd, it's nice to meet you Danny." Lloyd smiled as he signed the comic. He handed the comic back to the boy and stood "I've gotta go pay for this now."

"Thank you."

"No problem." Lloyd smiled as he walked back towards the counter

———

Lloyd walked back towards the Bounty, reading as he walked. As he walked up the ramp onto the Bounty he heard someone yell. It wasn't a yell for help, it was Nya, yelling 'Yes' about something. Lloyd walked into the dining room, Nya and Jay were hugging. "Did I miss something?" He asked

"Jay just asked Nya to be his Yang." Cole said as he shoved a piece of Cake in his mouth

Kai laughed, "My dad used to talk about the day he asked my mom to be his yang, he also complained that people often think it's just like asking someone to marry you, it's not, is just a tradition for certain families, though most use it as an excuse to not buy an expensive ring."

Lloyd looked at Nya and Jay, they were now kissing. "Well, congrats, I bet you guys can't even hear me." Lloyd joked, he didn't get a reply "Well, I have a comic to read."