007

chapter seven: the acrobat and the flea

after explaining everything to his daughter, he brought her outside.

"you're not getting involved in this." her father told her as she shock her head.

"dad, i'm not letting you get hurt. just please, let me help." rebecca said before her father let out a sigh and nodded.

mike got a piece of paper and drew something on it, showing it to the group.

"okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat. will and barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. and this is the upside down, where will is hiding. mr. clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space." mike explained.

"a gate." dustin said.

"that we tracked to hawkins lab." lucas said.

"with our compasses. okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle." dustin explained.

"is this gate underground?" jim asked.

"yes." the girl names eleven replied.

"near a large water tank?" jim asked as eleven nodded.

"yes." she said again.

"how do you know all that?" dustin asked as he stayed quiet.

"dad?" rebecca said.

"he's seen it." mike said.

"is there any way that you could... that you could reach will? that you could talk to him in this-" joyce began.

"the upside down." eleven finished.

"down. yeah." joyce said as eleven nodded.

"and my friend barbara? can you find her, too?" nancy asked as eleven nodded her head.

they got her a walkie talkie and they waited for her to channel them. everyone sat at the table waiting eagerly.

the lights in the house began to flicker and eleven had a sad look on her face.

"i'm sorry." eleven said looking at joyce.

"what's wrong? what happened?" joyce asked her.

"i can't find them." eleven replied.