021

chapter twenty one: the heebie jeebies

"he can't know i'm here. he'll kill me. he'll kill us." max said.

billy pulled up in the driveway and steve went out to the front step while the others stayed in the house.

"am i dreaming or is that you, harrington?" billy said.

"yeah, it's me. don't cream your pants." steve replied.

"what are you doing here, amigo?" billy asked him.

"i could ask you the same thing. amigo." steve said.

"looking for my stepsister. a little birdie told me she was here." billy said.

"huh, that's weird. i don't know her." steve told him.

"small? redhead? bit of a bitch." billy described.

"doesn't ring a bell. sorry, buddy." steve replied.

"you know, i don't know, this... this whole situation, harrington, i don't know. it's giving me the heebie jeebies." billy told him.

"oh, yeah. whys that?" steve asked.

"my 13 year old sister goes missing all day. and then i find her with you in a strangers house. and you lie to me about it." billy said.

"man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what? i don't know what you don't understand about what i just said. she's not here." steve told him again.

"then who is that?" billy asked.

"guys, down!" rebecca shouted at the kids.

"shit! did he see us?" dustin asked.

"i think so. stay here." rebecca replied before walking outside and billy looked over at her and grinned.

"hopper, nice of you to join us." billy said as steve turned back and looked at her.

"leave, billy." rebecca said standing beside steve.

"you should listen to her, man." steve said before grabbing steve by the collar of his shirt.

"no." billy replied as rebecca pushed him off of steve and billy grabbed her wrist, slowly twisting it making her cry out in pain.

"hey, let her go!" steve shouted kicking billy in the leg making him let go of rebecca and she backed up into steve.

"you okay?" steve asked her as she nodded.

"go back with the kids." steve told her.

"okay." rebecca replied before running back inside.