028

chapter twenty eight: russian elevator

"erica, do you copy?" robin asked her.

"mm hmm. i copy. you nerds in position or what?" erica asked.

"yeah, we're in position. it's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." robin told her.

"green light, roger that. commence operation child endangerment." erica said.

robin, steve, rebecca and dustin were on the roof while erica got into the vent.

"can we maybe not call it that?" robin said

"see you on the other side. nerds." erica said as she began crawling through the vents.

"let's hope this all goes well." rebecca said locking eyes with steve who laced his fingers with hers.

"all right, nerds. i'm there." erica said after reaching the end.

"do you- do you see anything?" robin asked her.

"yeah, i see those boring boxes you're so excited about." erica told them.

"any guards?" robin asked.

"negative." erica replied.

"booby traps?" robin asked her.

"if i could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?" erica replied.

"thank you for that." robin said.

"i'm in." erica said.

"oh, god." steve said before they saw the doors open and erica walked out.

"free ice cream for life." erica said as the others got off the roof.

they opened one of the boxes and they saw another box with tubes in them.

"what the hell?" rebecca said.

"that's definitely not chinese food. uh, maybe you should, you know, stand back." steve said as robin and erica stood back.

"no." dustin said.

"i'm not moving." rebecca told her boyfriend.

"just... just step back, okay?" steve said.