Chapter 7 : Wedding day

Nora fought hard to get McGonagall's agreement to take part in the marriage of Bill and Fleur. Fortunately, she has not heard of the incident with Crescentia.

On the morning of July 31, Nora goes to the former Headmaster's office. After discussion, the adults decided that it would be safer for the girl to use the chimney network. She is slightly disconcerted when McGonagall explains how the floo powder works but arrives safely. What a stupid idea to use fireplaces ! She is covered with soot. Her dress is ruined. Dusting herself as best she can, she examines the living room where she has landed. Her bulging gaze is immediately attracted to the tender kiss Ginny and Harry exchange just in front of her. She feels like she is witnessing something incredibly personal and does not know where to put herself.

Holding a cup, a young man as red as Ginny appears by the door, which probably leads to the garden. He glances at the scene and has the good idea to clear his throat, winking at Nora. Notifying the audience staring at them, the couple walks away. Her voice an octave higher than usual, Ginny finally welcomes the newcomer.

« Nora ! I'm so glad to see you. »

« Me too. Hogwarts is downright boring when you're alone. »

« You're talking ? » The latter exclaims.

« I thought Harry would have told you about it. » The girl wonders, turning her gaze to the boy in question.

He gives her a polite but distant nod. This charming reunions is quickly interrupted by the savior of Nora with an equally charming remark:

« Good morning, Miss. George Weasley, to serve you. Ginny hadn't told me she had such a beautiful friend at Hogwarts. »

Nora frowns, taken aback. She grabs the hand the young redhead holds out to her when a face identical to his appears by the door.

« Dawdling Georgie? Just because you have an ear-hole doesn't mean you can... Oh, a new friend ? » Fred asks in a captivating voice, holding out his hand.

« Nora, a friend of Hogwarts. » The interested one answers.

« Fred. I almost regret leaving school. Which house ? »

« Fred ! » Ginny yells. « Stop it, you're making her uncomfortable. »

« Little sister, you know nothing. It's a flattered blush.

« Don't be stupid, Fred. She's just too polite to push you away. Get out ! »

« Nora ! »

Hermione's exclamation cuts short the argument building up between the twins, leaving the small assembly hesitant. Nora guesses from the shocked looks that their fuss is not normal. But soon, a fever the girl finally recognizes veils their eyes. For each step backward she makes, they make two towards her. With horror, she realizes Harry joins them. Grabbing the first thing she finds (Hermione's arm in this case), she pulls it violently in the garden. She slams the door behind her and takes the witch into a frantic race. Eyes desperately looking for shelter, she forces herself not to hear her friend's protests or the Weasley's pleas chasing after her. When she finds a shabby garden shack, she jumps into it, pulling Hermione by her side. With a spell, she closes the door and seal it. The muffled noise of the two wizards crashing over it makes her shudder. A final muting spell allows her to relax.

« You explain ? » Hermione snaps, her wand shimmering with red sparkles.

« Wait, don't get mad ! I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was the Séasúr Cumhráin. »

« The what ? »

« The season of perfumes. It's a bit like mating season, but for banshees. »