Chapter 21 : The end calling

The Unwanted # 1 loses control

At 11.57pm yesterday evening, in the quiet suburb of Little Whinging, the Dursleys' home, the last family known to Harry Potter, was found shattered. The neighbors, frightened by the noise, immediately alerted the Muggle authorities. They successfully got rid of the vandals. According to reliable witnesses, they were three individuals, one of whom "looked a lot like the young Harry but dirty and gaunt."

It is obvious the Unwanted #1 came with his accomplices to ransom his uncle. He turned mad when he found the house empty. It is moreover to wonder where this family has gone. Again, according to a neighbor, "they have been missing for months. Such pleasant people. They would never leave like that. It's that kid. There was a lot of weird thing happening during his childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if we discover their skeleton in the cellar. "

This confirms the guilt of Harry Potter in this wave of disappearances and murders since the month of January. To date, the amount of corpses has risen to 64. The number of missing is much more alarming with it's 217.

We now add this week list :

Euston Annabeth

Oliver Nile

Fortescue Florean

Coolidge Ryleigh

Richards Terry

Crockford Doris

Devereux Henry

Boot Wendy

Dolohov Antonin

Brixton Amanda

Harry Potter's madness is immeasurable. Also, dear readers, the Ministry requires your help in order to capture him as promptly as possible and stop this carnage. We are counting on you and your dedication.

Yours,

Rita Skeeter.

Sprawled on his bed, Draco throws the newspaper across the room. It has been a month since his father and aunt confined him inside the Manor. He first ransacked the library, but boredom quickly caught up. He has nothing else to fill the void that this rag the Daily Prophet became. Every day, he vaguely crosses over the list of missing with disdain. Who still believes these nonsenses ? It is obvious the alleged disappeared do not exist. The Ministry hired someone to choose names randomly in the census register.

However, he has this impression of forgetting something important. During the meal, the room is quieter than usual. Even Bellatrix, usually the first to throw a fit, is silent. Something is definitely wrong, but Draco refrains from asking. He has no right to speak since the Snatch. Lucius and his aunt concealed Draco's betrayal to avoid further punishment from their Lord, but eagerly disciplined his cowardice. The young wizard no longer counts the scars added to those Potter inflicted last year. That was the day he met N... (Stop !).

Back in his room, he falls on the bed. Tired of turning and turning over a problem of which he knows neither the ins, nor the outs, his eyes fall on the rejected newspaper. Potte's picture on the front page gets on his nerves. Saint Potter... He remembers the feel of his wand jumping from his fingers. He almost regrets saving the Gryffindor.

Irritated, he picks up the periodical to throw it away when he falls on the list of the missing. Dolohov Antonin. He knows this name. It's a Death Eater, loyal since the first war. The Prophet messed up this time. They should have checked their source. However, other names trigger his mind. Florean Fortescue, the talented glacier from Diagon Alley. And Brixton Amanda. It is familiar, but he cannot put a face on it.

Bored, he tosses the newspaper into flames. Hogwarts ! It was a Hufflepuff Half-Blood. She got along well with N... (No ! Don't think about her). Draco remembers their argument in the Great Hall. The Prophet would never do such a mistake. So what ? She really disappeared ? In Hogwarts ? He does not remember seeing her name on the defectors list. So the Half-Blood died on the castle grounds. Alecto wouldn't have... A flash of pain in his forearm stops dead his thoughts. The Dark Lord requires him. Now. The boy's stomach tightens. Please, please ! Not a "training session". His mind will not support it, whether he is the victim or the tormentor. Yet, he cannot ignore the call. As he puts his hand on the knob, his door opens violently. His mother, surprised to encounter him there, grabs him by the arm.