VI

AVALON GILINKSY

As I chugged my fifth shot in the span of twenty minutes, a girl pulled at my wrist.

"Giiirl, be my partner in beer pong!" A girl with dirty blonde hair said. She had a smile across her tan face and I was too tipsy to say no.

"Giiiirl yess!" I cheered and she squealed. I laughed with her and she took my hand to drag me to the table.

We were up against two boys I had never seen, and they told us we could go first.

I went before the girl I still didn't know the name of, and made it in on my first try.

"Woo! I guess I have good taste." She squealed once again, and I laughed with her. "Impeccable."

"I'm Maria by the way," She nudged me before making her shot. "Avalon, oh and balls back!" I giggled as the boys pouted and tossed them back our way.

We kept playing, both of us only had drank two cups by the end. We beat the boys, and won two more rounds after that, and that's when the trouble started.

"Sam! You need to play. They've been up far too long!" One of the boys we played first said. His name was Aiden and was a junior.

Sam laughed, no drink in his hand. He looked over at us, his eyes still scrunched in a smile, but it quickly vanished when he saw me.

My tshirt was off my shoulder, arm hooked with Maria.

My vision was laggy, a feeling I was not completely used to.

"Avalon, how much have you drinken?!" Sam exclaimed, watching my giggle.

"Sorry, party girl's gotta go." He said before leading me outside. "Sam you're such a party pooper!" Maria called after him, but that didn't stop him.

"What the hell do you think Jack is gonna say if he sees you like this? We have to get you home." Sam searched the perimeter, looking for any sight of Jack I presume.

"Sammy, I'm not even that bad," I dragged out the "bad" and he looked at me, rolling his eyes and chuckling. Boy if you don't.

"Get in the car, Av." He commanded, but I wanted to stay. This was fun! And I was making a friend that Jack didn't introduce me to for the first time.

"What if I don't want to?" I smiled cheekily, watching him clench his jaw. Why am I so ballsy?

"Don't care. C'mon." Next thing I knew he was lifting me into the car and already locked the door.