VII

AVALON GILINKSY

Sam helped me out of the car, walking quickly but slow enough that I was able to keep up. He helped me inside and led me to my room, and I giggled before apologizing profusely. This was kind of selfish wasn't it?

"Av I've gotta get back, I promised I'd drive Jack and Johnson home. Get some sleep." Sammy said before tucking me in and getting me a glass of water from the bathroom sink.

After I took one sip, he placed it on my nightside table. "Go to sleep," He whispered as he turned out my lights.

-

I woke up with a massive headache, along with a glass of water and 2 advil's on my nightside table.

Sam.

I grabbed the water, taking the two advils and got dressed for school. I don't know what made me think that drinking on a school night would be a good idea, but at least it was Friday.

-

Searching for Sam at school, I found him sitting with his friends (including Jack). I walked over and tapped him on the shoulder, asking if we could talk. From the look on Jack's face I could already tell he was expecting the worst.

"Sure," Sam answered, following me to a vacant hallway. "Thank you for taking care of me last night.." I whispered, feeling a little uncomfortable. But it wasn't that bad of an uncomfortable, just a few butterflies.

"Yeah, no problem. I didn't want Jack to find you like that," He smiled as he came in for a hug, a surprise for me.

"Don't worry about it, Av" He whispered before walking back to the table to sit with his friends. He waved back at me seductively, before winking and laughing. I quickly walked away, flustered and blushing. I guess lunch will be in the library today.