I

AVALON GILINKSY

I heard my brother's screaming from my room, waking me up. I looked over at the clock on my nightstand, reading 3am. Tomorrow was my first day of high school, yet my idiot of a brother decided tonight would be a good night to have all his friends over and stay up all night.

"Dude, let's go prank Avi!" Johnson said, little did he know I could hear them from my room. When the sliver of light peaked into my room, I was ready to fight.

"We can't, she'll kill me. The little freshie is starting high school tomorrow." Jack laughed, closing my door, quite loudly may I add, and turned on the pounding music again.

I can't take this anymore.

I stomped over to Jack's room so I could attempt to get a decent amount of sleep before school tomorrow.

Knocking loudly on his door, I leaned against the wall, yawning. The doorknob began to jiggle, opening abruptly. I stood up straight, rubbing my temples and closing my eyes.

"Jack, please shut-" Yeah, Jack does not have this good of abs.

Damn.

I looked up, meeting eyes with a very attractive boy that I had never met.

When did you get such attractive friends, Jackie?

"Who are you?" I snapped.

"I'm Sam, you must be Avalon. Do you need something?" He asked, opening the door wide enough for me to see the ripped plastic bags of weed on the ground.

"Can you guys quiet down?" I asked, putting on a sweet exterior and walking in.

Feeling a tug at my sleeve, I looked down and saw my younger sister holding her sleeve, tears streaming down her face.

"Avi, what's all the noise?" She whispered, holding Avalon's leg. "Don't worry, Jazzy. Jack will quiet down now." Jasmine nodded before jumping into my arms. I needed to get them out of here.

"Jack, shut it off before I make you." I pointed a finger at him, talking sternly and turning away with Jazz on my hip. He should know better but I didn't expect any less.

As I walked out I heard cackling and a hoot, then a "Hey!" from Jack. I slammed his door and took Jazz to her room to put her back to bed.

Sure enough, they were quiet for the rest of the night.