Chapter 2

Lauren set aside the report that contain the 'Rigor gangs' whereabouts. She then took the spy's contract and signed the check that was attached to it. The statistics of the tribe in terms of business increased this past month, the amount even doubled while the southern mobsters are falling nearly to its feet. They needed to find a suitable throne owner soon or the tribe will be erased on the edges of their crest.

Lauren stumbled on the phone upon arranging the folders to one side. The first person that came to her mind is Tough. Who is she kidding? The only one who has her mind ever since is Tough. Wherever she goes, she brings Tough's image with her. Yes. She's madly inlove with that woman and she can't tend to the longing. Her life is a crap. Lauren cleared her throat as she picked the phone up and wondered who might be Tough's translator this time? Her lover still has problems communicating with her and it's not feeding up her excitement at all. Lauren waited until she was connected to the number whose owner's voice she yearned for, "Good evening, Lauren."

Lauren's face lit as she finally heard Tough spoke, "Hey baby. How's it going?"

"I'm fine. I'm busy. But I'm good." Came the reply that she nearly let a gasp escape behind her throat.

"I'm glad to hear that. Who's with you right now?"

"No one. I'm alone."

Lauren raise a brow. It was just yesterday when she spoke to Romeo about her problem and now... impossible, "Do you really understand me now?"

"Yes."

Lauren furrowed her brows on the lame reply, "Tell me the truth." There was a pause on the other line but a second and Tough spoke with a nervous chuckle.

"A little."

Lauren leaned on the table top, this is such a surprise, "How did this happened?"

"I studied the whole night yesterday. I'm kind of tired until now." Lauren frowned when she noticed the sighing on the other line.

"Who is with you?"

This time, Tough was the one sighing, "No one. I miss you."

Lauren gave in and set her confusions aside. It is possible for someone like Tough of course, or atleast that is what she thinks so. Her lover's boys are clever too. That's where they came from. Wait a minute... Lauren paused, "Where are you?"

"My office."

"Where is Romeo?"

"He is out. I do not know where."

"Okay then." Lauren thought of a naughty idea, "I miss you, my love."

"I miss you too."

"I miss you that I'm going to rip your throat out of the pleasure that I'll inflict in you once we'll see each other again. On the bed and naked." Lauren's lips twitched upon hearing strangled hissed on the other line. Now, she's sure something is not right and she's dying to know what it is.

"Slow down!" Tough screamed and Lauren wondered if it was meant for her or not.

"I love you. Now, I need to go." Lauren said and hang up before Tough could protest. She hates to miss the voice again but she's not up for playing games. She swiveled her chair and looked over the liveliness of the vast city at her back, she called home with ferocity. Lauren hates to give in but the woman leave her no choice. From then, she vacated her seat.

***

Umalingawngaw ang protesta ni Tough sa buong opisina bago niya inihagis ang cellphone na husto namang sinalo ni Goya, "Ahhh!!! Kasalanan niyo ito eh!" Nakaharap sa kanya si Hope at si Dom na may hawak na white board habang nasa magkabilaan sina Romeo at Free, si Free naman ang sinabunutan niya ngayon, "Ang daya niyo naman eh!!!" Hindi naman kasinungalingan ang lahat, buong araw at gabi nga siyang nag-aral at nag-memorize  ng maaari niyang sasabihin kay Lauren sakaling tatawag ito ulit. Hindi nga lang nila naisip na sobrang talino at wais rin ng Cabal na kanila sanang lolokohin.