Chapter 8

The foundation of the charity should've been around the corner. She was preparing for the upcoming program and researching means to draw prospective sponsors. It was the greatest place in this godforsaken world for children like ones they were. It deserve to stay on its foot for the future unfortunates giving hope to live and reach their own successes someday. She will do anything for their former home. Former parents. For her, this is the success that she had achieved and everybody should know that.

Just as everything is falling to place, these monsters made appearance stealing Randy from her. Unlawful criminals that she had heard from humors or old newspapers suddenly brought them news that her son is some mob head. Does the organization looking for her already? They should check what mess these men had left in their shabby little apartment. Kris was thinking about the three months unpaid rent, the police will surely go after her. There's more... what did these bastards said? Randy is a leader of a huge syndicate group called Southern Mob. Be damned. "Why are you laughing Kris?"

Kris turned at Randy with an innocent smile, "Nothing. I kinda thought, everything that's happening right now is ridiculous and that I really pray, they got the wrong person." The papers that that woman said, were the official ones from a hospital where Randy's true mother gave birth to him and unfortunately, died. He carried his true name as was asked. She can't deny that when they met, he had introduced himself as Randell Cheng. His physical appearance says it all. She was fifteen then, doing great in adapting with the foundation and Randy was just an innocent three year old cry baby. They have no idea he was a mobster son, and now, the heir of an empty throne.

Randy gave her a toothy grin, "You think I am not the person they wanted?" Again, his appearance says it all. The place they are staying at was his said-to-be half-brother's house which is so huge they found themselves lost at times. Kris found the old picture of this Brandon Cheng and was never been surprise on the likeness of the other. Well, learning about Randy's wealth was overwhelming too. Perhaps, scary.

"Ahuh. If only that's so easy to believe."

They arrived at the late-half-brother's home and men in silly red suits are opening doors for them. Did she mention, they are currently in a red limo right now? Randy waited for her until she was beside him and they started the saunter to the house' entrance door. Which was a staggering sliding glass door double times higher than a normal human being's height. Another man was walking beside them too, to Randy's right, who introduced himself the former head boss' first district boss. The trusted right hand of the leader. He looked like a beast, the chief bouncer in a chaotic club and Thanos, in the movie The Avengers, "As what was dealt, starting tomorrow, you'll be sitting with lord Cururugi, my lord."

Randy gave the mobster an hesitating nod and she gave him a sympathetic smile. He wasn't really given much of a choice. She did caught on rumors that these mobsters are ruthless and merciless. This was also the first time she have heard about the divided groups of syndicates. Yesterday, they met with the leader of the leading syndicate called the Northern Cabal. It was a woman, to her great surprise. What's happening to this world? She thought. It seemed a little odd, how the woman acted around her like she just caught a deer on headlights. The woman called her someone else too and she had the nerve to Boss around them. Well, she is a boss, "What was her name again?"

"Uttering the name of a Head Boss, is not a mobster tradition. We were in-debt to that tribe. Right now, we only offer our utmost respect." The right hand said.

"It was Lauren." Randy whispered against her ear as they finally made a beeline with the furniture in the spacious studio-like living area, "I think, she knows you."

"I stayed in the foundation almost all my life. Never been to syndicates convention, so nope." She earned Randy's chuckle as they both sat on one of the couches.