Chapter 9

February 2017 | N O W | Better Said

"Have a good day, you lucky lady."

    Sterling said to me just before giving me a kiss on the lips. I smiled, feeling extremely lucky to have given myself an actual day off from the shop so that I could relax and get my mind together.

    "You too, baby." I smile, sensing the playful jealousy in his expression.

    "And you too, baby." I say, looking down to Grayson who was putting his backpack on, getting ready to walk out of the door behind Sterling. He smiled at me and nodded.

    Standing at the door, watching my two men head on out to get their day started was so fulfilling. It just made me realize just how much of a break that I was going to be getting today, not really having to do much.

    Once Sterling and Grayson were in the car and heading out of the driveway, I shut and locked the door, walking over to my chair, closest to the full length window, opening the curtains so that I could get a view of the beautiful outside morning. Smiling, I sit down in the chair, staring out of the window and grabbing the book that I'd started reading earlier this morning while I was fixing breakfast for the boys.

    Just as I flipped a page in the book, I could hear shuffling from up the stairs, indicating that I wasn't alone. I sighed, realizing that I wasn't alone and Monice was upstairs, probably getting herself together for the day. She had a habit of knocking things over and it always being something extremely loud that it would wake you if you were asleep. It almost became expected in the mornings when she woke up early enough.

    Flipping another page in my book, I could hear Monice walking down the stairs, so I looked towards the stairs to see her walking down with a sleepy face.

    What took me by surprise is how she just willingly waltzed down the stairs wearing a black tank top with no bra and black booty shorts with her ass cheeks hanging out. She brushed her hair back as she let out a sigh, making it down to the last stair before looking my way. I didn't say anything, but instead looked back down at my book to get back into relax mode.

    "Where's Sterling?" She asked me.

    The fact that she was asking about Sterling spiked my interest to her and from my book. I already felt some type of way due to her attire, but now she wants to ask about my man's whereabouts?

    "He's gone to work." I answer her. I wasn't too sure if she'd caught onto the annoyance in the tone of my voice.

    She disappeared into the kitchen, leaving me to try and put my focus back onto my book. But shortly after I was able to get back into my book, she walked back out of the kitchen with an apple, taking a bite of it before plopping down onto the sofa, laying down with her foot propped up on the armrest.

    "So, sis. Remember when Sterling's frat brothers came over to help him move my things in the room?" She said, stirring up a conversation.

    I looked down at my book, really wanting to read it, but already knew that with her in here with me, it wasn't happening. Plus, Sterling's voice rang in my head, telling me to be patient and be more understanding.

    "What about them?" I asked her, sitting my book to the side.

    "The midnight mocha one with the dreads. He was really beautiful. What's his name?" She asked me, sounding aroused by the visual of him. I shook my head with a light smile.

    "Girl, that's Luke and he's married. Has been for going on five years now." I shut that down, automatically.

    "Didn't say I wanted him. I just thought that he was a beautiful work of art. Any man like that deserves to be submersed. His wife ought to be ashamed letting him out of the house without her all willingly like that. He should've been single." She let out a little giggle.