Chapter 15

February 2017 | N O W | Unexpected Surprise 2 Flagler Hospital

I took a deep breath, able to smell the room that I was in and it smelt nothing like the restaurant that I remember standing in when I was wrapped in Sterling's arms. The room smelt of antiseptic and other chemicals.

Opening my eyes, a force them back shut when the bright light nearly caused me a headache, almost making me scream in agony. Instead of screaming, I tightened my eyelids shut before slowly opening them to see exactly where I was.

Lifting my head up, I started to panic once I realized exactly where the hell I was.

I look around the room just to find Sterling sitting beside me while I was laid up in a hospital bed with his head resting into his hand as he was looking down at his phone.

"Sterling?" I say.

Alerted, he jumped, damn near dropping his phone as his eyes grew big with excitement.

"Babe, you're finally awake." He smiled, standing to his feet and taking my hand into his.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked him, worried about why I was here.

"Nothing, babe. I'm just glad everything is okay now." He gave me a small smile. "You put fear in my heart back at the restaurant. I thought you might've died on me from all of the excitement going on." He chuckled.

"What excitement?" I asked, confused.

"Babe, you fainted after I proposed to you." He informed me.

I looked down at my hand to see that beautiful engagement ring. It was so big.

I was so caught off guard and overwhelmed that I didn't get a chance to really admire it and drool over its full potential while on my finger. I couldn't help but imagine all of the attention that it was going to get me once I got back to the salon.

"And, I guess you were going to wait to tell me that I'm going to be a father again?" He smiled.

I scrunched my eyebrows out of pure confusion.

"Huh?" I say. "What are you talking about? I'm not pregnant."

"You are pregnant. Two months, to be exact." He cheesed.

It was at that instant that I felt as if I could faint again. Laying my head back down onto the pillow, I closed my eyes for a few moments, contemplating on the exact day that this baby could've been conceived.

"She called it." I mumbled to myself, thinking about what Monice had said to me about me being pregnant before I dismissed her accusation.

"Who called what?" Sterling questioned me.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Nobody. I'm just...overwhelmed, I guess." I lied.

Sterling looked very happy about this pregnancy and the fact that he was very happy about it, it had me feeling that maybe things weren't as they seemed between him and Monice. Maybe he and Monice were really innocent in all of this and I was just being insecure.

Just as I started to dismiss that situation, Monice came strolling into the room with my son trailing behind her with his big, beady almond shaped eyes.

Grayson was holding Get Well Soon and Congratulations balloons and a bouquet of flowers, his eyes lighting up once he saw that my eyes were on him.