chapter three

broken girls
blossom into warriors
||r.h sin||

EVERY MORNING was the same. My dad would rush into my room after hearing my screams. I would be all sweaty and gross as he calmed my tears.

I hated it, but I couldn't help it. I've tried the whole not sleeping thing, but I only made it to day three before my mom took me to the hospital. Now, no matter how little hours of sleep I get, I can't get rid of the nightmares.

My mom tried counseling, but that only got me pissed off. Then, I tried sleep meds, until I woke up paralyzed and freaked out. The only thing that's helped was marijuana but I don't want the stoner rep already.

"You okay to go to school today, Harm?" my dad asked with kindness in his chocolate eyes. This is why I loved him more than my mom. She would tell me to suck it up and get my ass to school.

I nodded, wiping the last of my tears. After he left, I pulled myself out of bed to look for an outfit. I settled with black leggings and a white hoodie with the Twisted Sister logo printed on the front with tour dates on the back.

Memories from when I purchased this sweater filled my mind. That was by far my favourite day. It was just my friends and I. It was before everything got complicated.

I quickly hopped in the shower, letting the cold water wake me up. Normally, I would have a steaming hot shower, but my dad had to cut out the hot water due to slow days at the parlor. I made a promise to him that after everything settled down, I would get a job and help him out.

After I was fully changed, I did my simple makeup before grabbing my bag. I slipped on a pair of black Vans and a jean jacket, buttoning up the last few buttons.

"Bye dad!" I called out before grabbing my keys.

"Bye Harm. Talk to those guys!"

I rolled by eyes before slamming the screen door. I approached my beautiful 1979 Chevy Impala. Just like in Supernatural, it was black and the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

After letting myself get lost in the sweet sound of the engine running, I headed off to school. I made sure to make a quick stop to a local coffee shop to get the much needed caffeine. 

As soon as I stepped into the school, I was greeted by an overly energetic Ayia.

"Goodmorning!" she smiled.

"Morning," I muttered.

She wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked down the halls. Although her arm kept falling due to our height difference. Sometimes I hated being 5'7 while the rest of the girls are 5'. 

"You look like a ray of sunshine," Reese laughed as we both approached her locker.

"Thank you. I had a great-" Ayia got cut off.

"I meant Harmony."

Ayia's face fell and I felt kind of bad for her.

"Uh yeah, late night," I briefly explained. While Reese gave a quick nod, Ayia replied with a sympathetic look.

"So, there's a party this weekend at Chayse's and he would love you to come," Ayia said.

I looked confused. "I haven't even met him yet, why would he want me to come?"