chapter nine

{so this chapter turned more sexual than expected, so if youre not down for that, then you may want to dip now}

and if the moon could talk
i wonder if he would tell the night
just how lovely she is
with all those stars shining bright
||courtney peppernell||

KNOCKING ON DOORS always gave me anxiety. It was always so awkward. Like, what if a parent answers the door? Or a secret significant other? Or it's the wrong house. Or what if they have a viscous dog who won't shut up.

However, after knocking on Chayse's door, none of those happened. Instead, the guy I was waiting for answered.

He had his light brown hair falling around his face, his golden eyes sparkling at the sight of me. He wore a simple white tee shirt and trendy ripped blue jeans.

"You look cute," he smiled, checking me out.

Cute?

I decided not to ruin this for me, so I replied with a simple 'thanks'. He lead me inside, saying something about cooking the best meal I'll ever taste.

When we made it to his kitchen, there was two plates set out with one grilled cheese on each. I just laughed at how this was 'the best meal', but took a seat anyway.

We started getting into conversation about Brooklyn and what I liked about it. I didn't mind talking about Brooklyn itself. I really did like it there and to say my heart didn't ache everytime I'm reminded that I can't go back, it's a lie.

Chayse told me about how his mom was from Queens and they still had family there.

We didn't stay on the family topic for long, mainly because I didn't want to talk about mine. So, we quickly changed to subject to childhood memories and shows.

"Do you remember Pingu?" I questioned, my eyes lighting up at the memory.

He shook his head with a smile, taking our plates to the sink. "Can't say I do."

"That was a bomb ass show. What about Harry and his Bucket Full of Dinosaurs?"

He continued to chuckle at how excited I was getting. "The only show I watched as a kid was The Powerpuff Girls."

I just laughed. "Shut up, you watched more."

He shook his head. "Nah. I only wanted to get with the green one. She's pretty fine."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. If you wanna get with her, then I guess I can leave." I stood up and went to turn around, but Chayse's strong hands grabbed onto me.

"I got over her once I laid eyes on you," he spoke just above a whisper. He placed a lose strand of hair behind my ears then wrapped his long around around my waist. I had my boney hands rested on his shoulders.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah." He dipped down so our lips barely touched.

Before making a move, a came up with a quick pros and cons list.

Pros: