chapter thirteen

{trigger warning: abuse}

maybe we fall
in love with sad eyes
because we see our souls
reflected in them
||bridgett devoue||

LUKE HAS BEEN basically living at my place for the past week. Obviously my dad didn't mind, he loves Luke more than me.

I haven't even bothered to go to Chayse's this week. I was afraid that he would start a fight with me and it would get out of control. But, today was our anniversary and that meant spending one on one time with him. I was damn right nervous that we would fight.

"Just skip out," Luke said from my bed
He was scrolling through his phone while smoking a cigarette, as always. I however, was freaking out over what to wear. We weren't going out, no matter how much I fought it, so I didn't even know why I was stressing out.

"I can't. This shirt or the other one?" I turned around, holding up an oversized flannel. It was that or a simple sweater. I was standing there in only a bralette and grey jeans. I just wanted Luke's help to find a shirt, but he was being difficult.

"Just wear black. It works everytime," he suggested, even if it was terrible.

I rolled my eyes. "You know, since the last time you helped me pick an outfit, your advice haven't improved."

He just laughed and agreed. "But, my theory will forever be right. That hasn't changed."

"Which ones that?"

"That no matter what you wear, it's gonna be off within two minutes."

I slapped his shoulder. "It's our four months. I'm not gonna only sleep with him tonight." I felt weird talking about Chayse and I's sex life with Luke after we shared that kiss. It was like I was talking about cheating on Luke, even if that's not the case.

"Want my honest opinion?" Luke asked, ignoring my statement.

I nodded, sitting beside him on the bed.

"I think you should skip out and spend the night with me," he said, giving me a quick look over. I awkwardly covered my boobs, even if there was nothing to cover anyway.

"You know why I can't," I sighed. I really would rather spend the night with Luke rather than Chayse, but I couldn't bail now.

"I really don't." He placed a hand on my waist, rubbing soft circles on my bare skin. With that and the pleading look he had on, it was hard to say no.

"Luke," I pushed his hand away, then stood up to finally finish picking an outfit.

With no help, I settled on a cute yellow plaid shirt, fishnet leggings and an oversized black sweater. Even if it was freezing outside, I wanted to look cute.

"You're going to freeze," Luke warned. It was kind of sweet how he cared so much.

"A hoe never gets cold," I laughed, putting on my best bronx accent. I also did a little spin.

Luke just laughed.

"I should probably leave soon," I said, checking the time. "You're welcome to stay for a bit if you want."