XXVII (12.2)

The world became red, the air shimmered as if he observed everything through the hot air above the campfire. He felt Ezezu's rage joining his own, the feeling of unstoppable wrongness coming from the vampire added oil to the fire. Before he could decide what he will do next his body surged forward, both weapons in his grip. A moment later his wrists were crossed with his pistol pointed at Midnight Breeze's face while his dagger nested on the immortal's throat.

Midnight Breeze showed surprise but there wasn't even a hint of fear in his eyes. He stared at Todor as if daring him to hurt him.

"Don't you dare use my friends. You will follow the contract with that girl to the letter, no abuse or anything of a sort," Todor whispered into vampires face.

"Such passion, such fury. There is nothing funnier than impotent rage," Midnight Breeze said grabbing both of Todor's wrists with one hand and squeezing hard. Pain blossomed spreading through his arms as vampire started moving both of Todor's weapons from his face with one arm.

What was I thinking attacking him like that? He is an immortal monster from the dawn of humanity, he thought frantically as panic started assaulting his mind. But suddenly he felt Ezezu in his mind snarl, and for a second he thought he heard the whisper. He strained his mind to reach for that whisper and faint, barely audible thought came to the forefront of his understanding. My strength to yours, a feminine voice proclaimed. With those words, he could feel it, a bubble of something just at the corner of his awareness. He instinctively reached for it with his mind and flow of cold, refreshing stream poured into him. From his toes to his hair, he could feel every part of his body as he could never feel it before.

The hair on his head rose up and started fluttering as if wind and static electricity that can only affect him burst into existence. His eyes started to burn as if someone poked him with a hot cigarette. Tears streaked his cheek but instead of going blind he could see more. He saw the absence of life in vampires face and eyes, the mimicry of life that moved and animated the creature flowing under its pale skin. Blood infused with ash color particles pulsating and giving the illusion of life.

Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku! a feminine voice from before roared in his mind. It became stronger as it echoed in his mind. It repeated the same phrase over and over. Suddenly words were understandable. Open the gate for me so that I can enter here! Ezezu wailed, desperation and fury filling every word. I can't, No Terror told me we would both die if I let you take control, Todor sent a thought hoping Ezezu will understand. But fury increased and started bashing at his will like a frenzied cornered animal. Todor screamed in vampires face, his muscles straining and stopping the freakishly strong creature. He felt Ezezu calming down. Yes, yes, use my strength! The spirit proclaimed in his mind with glee and pleasure. My strength under your control ... for now. Command me, jailer!

Todor felt the pages of a book turning in his mind, a rustle of yellow paper filling his ears. Then one page popped in his mind. He didn't know what those words meant, only that they were incantation that Ezezu knew, the spell that she used before. And she was borrowing her mana to cast it through him. All that flashed in his mind in a picosecond, understanding dawning on Todor. So he read the words.

"Zi Dingir Kia Kanpa! Lu - Negeltu - Nertum!" Todor said his voice rising with every letter pronounced. Every syllable spoken felt right, like a movement of pen writing a beautiful script on empty paper. When the last word was uttered Todor felt his muscles bulging, power in them making vampires attempt to move them pitiful and weak. He pressed both weapons forward, overpowering Midnight Breeze's struggle to push him away. The pistol's barrel almost touched the eye of the creature while dagger slightly pressured his neck, almost breaking his skin. Ancient being tried to pry Todor's weapons away from his face by adding both of his hands to the struggle. But to no avail. Todor's arms became unmovable as the mountain.