Chapter 7: Hero names?

The next day at school

It was like any other normal day at school. They had their regular school classes and then came their home room class.

Mr. Aizawa: Alright class shut up and sit down.

Everyone did as they were told and sat at their seats. Even Midoryia was behaving. Probably because he was promised Ramen and TV by Mina if he did.... but whatever it takes right?

Mr. Aizawa: Alright class I have 2 very important announcements.

Class: Oh, krap please don't be a test.

Mr. Aizawa: The sports festivals are coming up soon.

Class: Oh, thank god.

Izuku: Um what's the sports festival?

The class was completely shocked he didn't know what it was. Mina feeling like the only one who can really even talk to Izuku explained it.

Mina: Um well it's sort of like a giant event U.A. does. It gives a chance to let the students show what there made of by using their quirks to compete in challenges.

Izuku kind of smiled because he understood......... Kind of.

Izuku: Oh, so like a killing circle.

Everyone was completely shocked by his answer. For one he said it so calmly like it meant nothing and two they didn't know what a killing circle was, but it must be something horrible.

Mineta: U-um Midoryia. What exactly is a killing circle.

Izuku: Um well it's a circle of people. Then you get thrown in and well try to survive. If you win...... well that it's you just win.

Momo: Um did anyone ever die.

Izuku: Um...... I'm not sure. I usually won so I don't know what happens to the losers. Although I never see them again.

The class was completely horrified by his answer.

Mr. Aizawas head: Jesus the shit this kid has been through is unbelievable. What he probably went through though is artificial natural selection. I've heard of it but to know it's still happening is sad.

What Aizawa meant by artificial natural selection is a process people used seek out the strongest genes or quirks. People would have basically a group of strong quirk users than have them fight until they couldn't anymore. The strongest one was used to make other strong quirk users. While the others were disposed of or used for "other purposes".

Mr. Aizawa: Anyways yes, the sports festival is a very important event that you all should prepare for. It gives you a very rare chance to be scouted. Not to mention is the most watched event in the world. So, you all will not have school for a week. So, I suggest you do the smart thing and take the time you have off to train.

Minas head: Man, I really need to train if I want to make it to finals. Wait maybe Izuku can help me. After all he is a natural fighter and I'm sure he can help.

Jiro: *raises hand* Sir is it really such a good idea to have the sports festival right after the villain attack.

Mr. Aizawa: The school apparently think it's a way to show that we are safer than ever. There also beefing up security.

The class was gossiping with each other talking about the sports festival until Aizawa spoke up again.

Mr. Aizawa: IM Not finished yet. We also have another important matter that will affect all of you.