Chapter 9: Sports festival

So far it has been a week since Mr. Aizawa gave them a break off from school and hero training to relax and prepare for the sports festival. Mina has been training hard with Izuku and pushing herself to be better. Izuku didn't do much to train for the sports festival but instead focused on the therapy sessions with Charles. He is still so confused about what happened to him and what his life was like and even who that girl Jean is. The one he keeps seeing in his head and in his memories. He has made progress though in reconnecting with his old life. He even was able to reconnect with his mother more. Inko was so happy to know her son was alive and back. They even hanged out a few times during that week getting to know each other again. Izuku felt happy to finally have some part of his life back that wasn't horrendous and torturous and just...... peaceful.

With Izuku and class 1-A at the sports festival

Everyone was hyping themselves up or trying to get over the nervousness right now. It was one of the biggest events of their life's and a big opportunity in their hero careers. Izuku though was just deep in thought with his mind elsewhere. He was still thinking about Jean and who she was. He has so many questions and just wants them to be answered. He was interrupted though by Mina bumping his shoulder.

Mina: Hey Izuku are you ok?

Izuku: Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine just thinking I guess.

Mina: Well get your head in the game silly. The sports festival is going to start soon.

Izuku wasn't exactly the most excited about the sports festival but he was still going to try and win. Mostly because Mina wanted him to. When he was just standing there though minding his own business Todoroki came up to him. Izuku noticed this.

Izuku: Something you want?

Todoroki: Understand that we are not friends. I am here to beat you since you are the biggest threat at my victory and showing my father I don't need him.

Izuku: Sounds like you have a lot of daddy issues.

Everyone just gasped at what he said. Even Mina was freaking out.

Mina whispering to Izuku: Izuku what are you doing? Are you trying to make enemies?

Izuku just shrugged it off though and didn't care about what he said.

Todoroki: What did you say?

Izuku: I said it sounds like you have a lot of daddy issues. Do me a favor. If I have to fight you don't bring them with you.

Just as he said that suddenly the announcement came on.

Present Mic: NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LETS GET A LOUD ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE FIRST YEARS CLASS 1-A

Soon everyone was seen entering into the sports festival arena. Everyone was amazed at how many people there were. Some were more hyped up from it and others were pretty nervous. Mina was a mix in between. She was so excited to be here but at the same time it was super nerve wracking to have so many people watching. Izuku though had his ears covered and was wincing in pain from the loud noises of cheer. Mina noticed this and became concerned.

Mina: Hey are you alright?

Izuku: Yeah sorry it's just really loud.

Mina felt bad for Izuku and then got an idea. She walked away from Izuku and to Momo. She then asked Momo to make something and she did. Mina comes back with a pair of small headphones.

Mina: Here put these on.

Izuku does so. Soon almost all the noises just disappear and Izuku feels better. He then looks down at Mina and gives a thumbs up. He sees her lip move but doesn't hear anything.