He gets sick

Peter Parker/Spider-Man

You walked over to Peter's house and knocked on the door. It took a long while until someone answered them, which was unusual. It was his aunt who let you in. "Good evening, Miss Parker. Is Peter home?" you greeted and got straight to the point. "Yes, but he doesn't feel so good." "What happened? Is he hurt?" you asked. "No, he just caught a cold. It's nothing serious. You can see him if you want, but don't stay too long, I don't want you to be sick as well." she said and let you into the house.

You got upstairs and went straight into his room. You knocked on it at first but then didn't wait for an answer. When you came in you saw him lying on his bed covered with a blanket. "Hi there." you said and knelt beside him. "Oh, hi [y/n]." he answered and he even sounded sick. "How do you feel?" "Honestly, I don't feel so good." "What's wrong?" "My throat hurts and I am also kinda bored." "I can help you with the second issue." you offered with a smile "I'll stay as long as you want me to." "Thanks." he said.

And so you stayed with him. You gladly realized that having someone around him was cheering him up. You weren't talking about anything important, but the conversation was going great. It was nice to finally chat with him without a big chance that he'll have to run in a minute because something bad is happening around. Now his aunt won't let him out even if the world's crumbling down. Not that you're glad that he's sick, but it's always a change. The conversation was just getting started when his aunt walked in, holding a plate of sup.

"Oh, I didn't know you were still here, [y/n]. I can get you some if you want." she offered. "Uh, sure, that'd be nice." you said. "I'll be right back." she said and left the plate next to the door, on the desk an then left to get another one. You got up and brought it up to your boyfriend. "Here you go, I think she knows what she's doing." you told him and he took it. "Of course she does, she's Aunt May. Also, her soups always help when I'm sick. Almost like magic." "Says you." "You didn't see Doctor Strange's house nor tricks so you don't know what I'm talking about." he said eating up. "Oh, sure I don't." you smiled and sat down next to his bed.

Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider

You've heard screams outside your house so you decided to take a peek outside, just like everyone would. You saw a few heroes, including your boyfriend, fighting some villains. You stayed there, watching through the window and you realized that something was wrong with Ben. He wasn't moving as fast as always and his attacks also seemed weaker. One moment the villain just smashed him into an alley and he didn't even seem to block it with his webs. You got freaked out that he got injured so without second guessing you ran outside to find him.

You didn't get hurt on your way to the alley and it was luckily close to the door. You saw him slowly get up from the ground, his moves seemed weak. "Ben?" you said and he looked up. "Get away, it's dangerous here." he said. "Ben, you gotta stop, you're hurt." you said. "No, YOU gotta get out from here, things are under control." he assured you, but even his voice sounded like he was struggling to get it out. You got closer to him and caught his hand to stop him from leaving. He ignored it and started struggling, but just couldn't break free. That's when you realized in how poor condition he was.

"Ben, you can't even move now, think what this villain can do to you!" you said and he sighed. "What do you suggest, then?" "Come with me, we'll figure out what to do." you said and pulled him in your home's direction. You knew it was risky, but you couldn't leave him. You both got in and you made him lie down on the sofa. You didn't really know what to do next so you tried to figure out what was wrong. You took his mask off and realized that he was sweating. You placed your hand at his forehead and realized how hot it was. Could it be? Didn't he realize?

"I think you have a fever." you said. "That's what Shield said. Didn't bother to say what it was, though." "It means that you have to rest and get some medicine or you'll be as weak as you are now. No offense." "Well, do I get this medicine?" "I'll give you some, I have it in house. Sit tight." you said and went to get some meds. You gave it to them and then gave him a blanket and waited until he felt good enough to swing to Shield where he could get some serious help. He called you later and thanked for help you gave him.