He has a nightmare

(Idea by JilnxXynerd, thank you for it)

(Also: 10k+ reads? THE HELL???? HOW??????? YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!)

Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Being a superhero's girlfriend can be hard sometimes, and you're learning the hard way. When some new villain was close to learning Peter's identity, he immediately came to you to warn you. You both knew that it'd put you in danger, so he offered you to stay overnight at Triscelion. You gladly accepted, you'd be safe and you'd be with him that way. It turned out he had his own room there, so he only had to bring a sleeping bag for you and it was okay to fall asleep for both of you anytime you wanted.

Yet, in the middle of the night, you got woken up by the sound of turning and shaking. You sat up, turning on a night lamp and saw him turning in his bed, shaking and mumbling some ununderstandable words. You got up and shook his arm slightly. "Peter? Peter, are you okay?" you asked and he suddenly jumped, breathing heavily. He looked around in confusion, finally spotting you next to him. "Oh, [y/n], thank god!" he shouted, immediately hugging you. You were confused at first, but then returned the hug. It took a long while for you two to pull away.

"God, [y/n], I- I had a dream and-" Peter was saying with his voice shaking. "And you were gone! I can't- I couldn't- I just- Thank god you're okay!" he said, hugging you once again. You sighed, got out from his grip and sat beside him. "I'm fine, see?" you said. "Yeah, but it was- it felt- just- SO REAL." he said, looking down. "But I'm here. I promise, I'm safe, thanks to you, and nothing bad is happening." you said, looking into his eyes. He nodded, choking up a sob and then took a breath. "You're safe. You are." he said. With a small smile, you helped him to lie down and then rested your back next to him. Without any doubt in his mind, he wrapped his arm around you and fell back asleep.

Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider

It was late evening when you've heard a knock on your door. You opened it and saw Ben leaning on the wall, hardly standing. You didn't even hesitate, you immediately let him in. He was hardly able to talk, but from what you understood, he got hurt during a battle that happened nearby and your home was the only safe place he could possibly think of. Your parents were staying out that night, so it was safe to let him rest in there. You helped him to the couch and then got him some blankets. His breathing steadied, meaning that he fell asleep, and so you left the room.

You woke up in the middle of the night and drank some water. You were about to go back to sleep but decided to check up on Ben before this. When you entered the living room, you saw him struggling on the couch, like the blanket was some death trap. He was sweating and mumbling, so you decided to weak him up. "Ben?" you asked, patting his arm. His eyes opened and he looked around. "What- Where-" he tried to ask. "Easy. You came to me, remember?" you reminded him and he sighed, placing his hand on his forehead. "Yeah. Yeah, I do." he said, nodding. You checked his temperature by touching his forehead and sighed. "You're running a fever. Sit tight, I'll get you some medicine." you said and left the room.

When you got back, he was sitting on the couch, breathing heavily. You sat next to him, offering him some pills. He took them and then looked at you. "I had a bad dream." he said. You giggled slightly at the thought of him having a nightmare, but then calmed down. "Sorry. So, what was it about?" you asked. "It's... you know what Ock did to me, right?" he said and the whole world got kinda darker. "Oh... I'm sorry. But you're safe now, see?" you said, hugging him lightly. You realized he was shaking. "Come on, I won't let you sleep here alone." you said, helping him up. You went into your room and a moment later you were both in your bed. "Thanks." Ben whispered, holding your hand like you were about to disappear. "No problem." you said, hugging him slightly and a moment late you both drifted to sleep.