ten | aeroplanes and the night sky

"Keep walking till the end of the line, you're sat in a pair of seats separate to your classmates as we didn't have enough room, sorry miss" the woman pointed in the direction I thanked her and said I didn't mind all too much then began walking. I wondered who I was going to be say next to and I begged it wasn't a stranger, this was my first flight ever and I wanted a friend of mine to be there with me. "Please be a friend, please be a frie-" great

"Hey there Cherry Blossom" smirked a familiar brown haired boy with his eyes shining at the sight of the girl in front of him.

"God forbid, I'm stuck with you! I'm stuck with Gilbert Blythe on a plane!!" I rolled my eyes as I tried to put my hand luggage in the head space but of course, I was too short. "Here let me help, sit down and get comfortable," I was going to argue that I could do it but Gilbert was tall and could easily reach so I settled for it and let him do it as I sat down.

"Still can't believe out of all people I'm stuck with you, I'm stuck with Blythe," I rolled my eyes as he sat next to me "shirbert lemon?" He offered me a bag full of yellow wrapped sweets "I mean sherbet, sherbet," his cheeks burned but I have no idea why he just pronounced something wrong "Er sure Blythe, th-thanks" I took one out the bag and looked out the window I had next to me.

"It's beautiful, no, gorgeous, no breath taking," Gilbert smirked "it's all of those and more" I turned to see his honey eyes laid open her and my cheeks burned. Anne's checks burned because of something Blythe said. "Are you blushing Anne Shirley?" Gilbert looked astonished "no it's just warm in here, I shall never blush over a boy as stupid as you," I stuttered just managing to form a sentence. "Whatever you say cherry blossom,"

___

"Oww," i flickered open my eyes and looked to my side to see a mop of brown curls laying on my chest. "Blythe? Blythe! Yo-you're hurting me,"
I tried but the boy wasn't waking so I decided to move him myself seeing as he was useless.

I grabbed his arm and placed it on his leg then his other arm until it was just his head that was out of place.

I took his head in my hand but I couldn't lift it with just the one so i tried with two. I placed both of my palms on his cheeks and yanked his head upright and away from my seat. I wasn't paying attention to it of course but Blythe cheeks were somewhat soft, and smooth, not that noticed, of course.

"Did you just feel the need to touch me Shirley?" I wasn't going to look him in the eyes after he just said that. I thought he was asleep but clearly not. So I immediately shut my eyes and faked a snore "I know you're awake Cherry Blossom, and I'm sorry for hurting you, I just couldn't keep my hands off you, you know?" I could hear the smile emerge from the statement he just said and I knew, knew he was just teasing to see if I was going to wake up.

But he wasn't going to win, I kept my eyes closed and actually tried to get some sleep, failing at first but eventually I managed to drift off.

_ _ _

"Anne, hey cherry blossom,"
"ugh" I felt a finger rolling down my cheek and I opened my eyes to see a familiar sight. Before I knew I'd been staring at that sight for a while, it had been staring back to with its brown charming eyes. "Like what you see miss Shirley, Miss Blythe does suit you though, don't you think?" I was taken aback by the comment and disgusted, how dare he! "I will never take your name, in fact I will never take anyone's name I would like to keep my own,"

I raised my chin as I sat up and realised I was very desperate for the toilet. "I'm going to the toilet, try not to follow me, I know you'd love to but don't it looks weird and you wouldn't want to ruin your look would you,"

A particular Blythe was taken aback by the words that just came out of the girls mouth and for some reason he smiled, odd, but he smiled because one of the many things he liked about the girl was her arrogance and the way she snap backs with the best insults.

"Can all passengers remain seated for landing,"

"Shit, Anne,"

__________________________
a/n THANK YOU FOR 400 READS THATS MAD

here's some shirbert for you and don't worry there's plenty more where that came from

remember don't be a silent reader, vote and comment

- han xo