eighteen | start again

woah woah woahhhhh slow down, gilbert didn't mean to knock the flask over? he was trying to HELP me, so I was rude to him for no reason!!! oh my goodness, I shouted at him and he tried to tell me but I wouldn't let him. he was being nice. shit.

— gil —

I awoke to the light shining through the same gap in the curtains and I sat up groaning, last night was very eventful and I was very tired. I looked so the side of me to see empty sheets on Anne's bed, I bet she's on the balcony watching the sunrise.

As I expected she was stood with her hand waving around in the wind, her smile gleeming with freedom. "Morning" I managed to stutter, I hadn't forgotten about last night and I didn't want things to be awakward between us.

"Morning sleepy head" she didn't turn to gave me but put her hand down, looking down at the road below us. "Anne?" I looked at her my eyes asking why she couldn't look at me.

"I'm sorry," she still didn't look at me
"What for cherry blossom?" I was confused I thought we'd got over this last night
"Last night Gilbert-"
"I thought we'd sorted that out anne!"
"Let me finish please!" I nodded her allowing her to continue but still a furrow in my brow as I was still confused

"I was awake gilbert, I heard what you said and I'm so sorry," she finally looked into my eyes and that's when I realised what she was talking about. the sticky note and the flask.
"Anne forget it, alright, it's fine, as long as we're good now, "

"But just so you know Gilbert I'm grateful for what you tried to do" she was now stood right next to me and I put my hand out, she took my hand "hey nice to meet you, my names Gilbert but you can call me gil"

Anne stood and chuckled at me, smirked and shook my hand "hello gil my names Anne and I would appreciate if you spelt that with an e"

"Well I hope we can be friends Anne with an e"

"I've said this before but I'll say it again gil, I have a feeling we'll be kindred spirits"

"Well now that we have a chance to start over we'll see about that" I smirked, it was the happiest I'd been in a long time.

~~~

tagged: @gilblythe comments are turned off on this post

tagged: @gilblythe
comments are turned off on this post

tagged: @gilblythe comments are turned off on this post

tagged: @anne_cordelia

comments:

@dianab - sksks omg omg omg I'm having a heart attack right now omg

@charlies907 - atta boy ;)
@gilblythe - oh shush

@lovleyruby - wait WHAT?!?

@artsycole - where were you two last night? just curious :))))))
@anne_shirley we decided to
stay in last night we were
tired, did we miss anything?
@artsycole no, but by the
look of it we missed
something ;)

~~~

so the two teenagers stood on the fourth floor of the hotel, in New York on a windy day. both confused with why they were stood still holding hands but also both comfortable and both knew they it felt right. they stayed for a minute or two, lost in eachother. until Anne broke the moment, she wanted to explore and gilbert knew he was going to follow that girl anyway so off they went onto the busy streets of the big apple with only their bags, phone and the company of one another.

______________________________
a/n Ew I really don't like this chapter sorry :(((

AHHHHHHHHHH we're at 1.95k reads !!!! thank you so so so much from the bottom of my heart you guys are so freaking supportive ily <3

also did you like the whole instagram thing or not? please be honest we

- han xo