fourteen | bea•ti•ful nights

The cold evening breeze sent chills down my arms and I quickly took the sweater out my bag pulling it over me.

I decided that I didn't want to walk too far as it was late but I still wanted to waste at least 15 minutes before going into the retched hotel.

Of course Blythe has to ruin it for me, of course he did. I mean he ruined my clothes on the first day, for absolutely no reason he didn't even know me.

And now he's here to ruin my trip to New York, to New York! I would of never dreamed of coming here yet I am here with him of all people. If Diana were to be here we'd be sat in our room right now, with face masks writing stories with each other and dancing till the sun rises.

"But no, I'm stuck here with gilbert Blythe!"

~~~

I knew after five minutes there was no way I was going to leave anne out there on her own, no way.

I grabbed my phone in case of emergency and the room key closing the door behind me and running. I only hoped she wouldn't of gone too far already.

"Already miss me sir?"

"Huh? Oh er well no actually," I stuttered out, yes she was pretty but she wasn't beautiful

"Oh right well go find your friend then"
she continued to type on her keyboard signally to the door "She left about five minutes ago and went right down Baker Avenue,"

"Thank you Samantha really, id hate to lose her in this big city,"

"You know what sir, I think you'd hate to loose her anywhere," I stood dumbfounded under the chandelier blinking frantically

what does that mean?

~~~

I made it to a corner doughnut shop and went up to the counter. "What would you like young miss?"

I scanned be menu above me and decided that a raspberry doughnut would be fine. "Thank you,"

"That'd be $3 please miss,"
I rummaged around in my pockets and found three dollar coins, put them on the counter, thanking the man as I left.

New York was beautiful at night, the lights glowing like fireflies. Everything almost felt, small, I felt smallest of course but for a second the buildings and roads, cars and houses felt small. All because I couldn't see the rest of them. I couldn't see the whole picture so it didn't make sense.
[a/n *cough* can't see the whole picture *cough* chapter three]

"You going anywhere tonight lovely?"
"Maybe on a girls night out?"
"Oooo that would be nice,"
"We can give you a lift if you'd like, it would be quicker than walking."
"And we don't want a pretty young girl like you walking around at night on your own,"
"Where's your strong knight in armour huh?"

and for once anne wished she had her strong knight in armour

__________________________

a/n thank you for 1.18k reads already I love you guys !!! I never imagined that this would be read 100 times let alone 1,100 so seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart

now back to the story, I hope you guys liked this I wanted to show that Anne (and all females!!) are very capable on their own but a young girl like Anne does sometimes depend on having gilbert there and that when she's with him she feels safer (BUT WE DONT ALWAYS NEED A MAN)

qotd - if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

- han xo