Part 5

Kartik: Naira...tumhe jo kharidna hai who lelo...don't be shy..

Naira: Thank you Kartik....

Kartik browses through some t-shirts while Naira tries out various dresses. She tries on a night t-shirt with teddy bears. She looks at the reflection and tears form in her eyes.

Flashback

NairaM: Naira..stop crying..tum koi choti bachi nahi ho..it was just a teddy bear...jo tumhare paas bachpan se hai...Mr Singhania...samjahiye isse...mere school ka waqt ho raha hai..

Naitik: Mrs Singhania..aap nikaliye....you are getting late.

He waits till his wife leaves.

Naitik: Princess...mat ro....chal ek surprise hai tere liye...he closes Naira's eyes and takes her to her room.

Naira opens her eyes and on the bed are two teddy bears, her bed is covered with a teddy bedsheet. The curtains have Winnie the pooh...

Naira (happy, jumping): papaaaaaa....yeh saare mere liye....I love you..you are the best !

She goes and kisses the teddy bears.

Naitik: acha bata itne saare teddies me teri sabse favorite bear kaunsi hai?

Naira looks at each of the bears carefully, thinks hard and then runs to her father hugging him tight.

Naira: Papaaa...you are my best teddy...aap ekdum teddy ke jaise golu-molu ho aur aap jab haste ho naaa..Ho HOOO HOOOO karke..aapka pet ekdum teddy jaise hilta hai...aap ekdum Teddy jaise warm ho...I love you my teddyyyyy....

Flashback over

Kartik(smile): tumhe teddy bears pasand hai?

Naira(smile): haan...papa hamesha mujhe teddy gift karte thy..

Kartik: thy?

Naira: he...he is no more....6 mahine pehle...she wipes her tears.

Kartik (feeling bad): I ..I am sorry...main tumhe upset nahi karna chahta tha.....he changes the topic.

Kartik: I am hungry...lets eat...kya khaaogi?

Naira: anything....

Kartik and Naira go to a Thai food joint. They wait for their food to come.

Kartik: so...Teena tells me..tum micro pe research kar rahi ho....pehle koi experience hai kya?

Naira and Kartik indulge in small talks about her research, his job as physiotherapy, the weather etc..

Girl voice: Kartik !

Naira watches as Kartik stands up and hugs a blonde girl. She kisses him on his cheeks..

Girl: ohh...new girl...you moved on pretty quick...she extends a hand to Naira

Girl: Hi I am Gloria....Kartik's ex-girlfriend..you are?

Naira: I...I am Naira...just ...a room mate ..ahhh..a friend..

Girl (laugh): hmmm....best of luck....she winks at her, leaving her confused and worried..

Kartik: Bye Gloria..I will call you sometime..

Girl (snapping): yeah like you will....seeya...