Part 17

INLINE COMMENT PLZ

They reach the park just when its starting to get windy and black clouds appear in the horizon.

Kartik (checking weather app in phone): Talk about Houston weather..changes every hour..

Naira: Its windy but so pleasant...

Kartik and Naira walk on the path reserved for strolling. Normally Kartik is a brisk walker but he reduce his speed to give company to Naira. They come across a pebbled path that is used as acupressure point.

Kartik: ispe halke se chalne ki koshish karo..pressure points ke wajah se you will get good relief. Naira removes her shoes and walks on the pebbles. Some of them are pointed and caue her sharp pain. She grits her teeth and walks on. One particular stone pricks her badly and she loses her balance.

Naira: ahhhhhhh..she falls forward, Kartik grabs her waist in time and pulls her back. Her back hits his chest and she can feel her warm body on her. Kartik's fingers dip in the soft flesh of her hip and his lips touch her neck.

Kartik: you..you okay?

Naira (dizzy, biting lips): Y...yes...thanks..

They both stand next to each and compose themselves.

Kartik: I...I think...your ankle is not ready for acupressure...lets..lets just sit here for sometime. Nairawears her shoes and after two slow rounds of the park they both walk towards a bench where an old lady is sitting reading a book.

Kartik: will you have something to eat? I will get it. He leaves the place to the nearest popcorn and candy stall. He stands in the long queue and waves to Naira. She waves back with a smile.

Old woman: What a fine couple you make dear...

Naira (shocked): me...I..I..I...

Old woman: Look at you blush...its so beautiful..reminds me of Henry...my husband..he loves me so much..There he is..An old man walks to them and kisses the old woman on her cheeks.

Old Man: Well helooo..young lady..you are so pretty..Are you single? He jokes

Old woman: Oh Henry...she is not..there...that young man is her love, she points out Kartik to the old man. Naira looks at Kartik  and blushes. The old man and woman later take her leave, they walk gently holding hands.

Naira looks at them and imagines herself and Kartik...walking hand in hand..

Naira day dream (the text below in italics is all day dreaming by Naira)

Naira (walking slowly): Kartik...wait..kahan aage bhaag rahe ho?

Kartik waits for her and then holds her hand tight.

Kartik (kissing hand): Sorry Jaan....aage aisa kabhi nahi hoga..main hamesha tumhare saath chaloonga..aise haath thaam ke..chale...

They walk away smiling, flower petals fall on them.

Kartik (stops): arre...main toh bhool hi gaya tumhe batana...

Naira: Kya?

Kartik (smiles and pulls her in a hug, whispers): Yahi ki....I love you...

Naira hugs him tighter, he picks her up and walks fast – both laughing away...

Naira is standing looking at the mirror with a glum face. Kartik enters and hugs her from behind.