TWO

|02

|02.| I'LL BE GOOD

HAYLEY REMAINS TRAPPED in Susie's magic circle in one of the tombs. She has wrapped a blanket around herself and is holding it up with one hand while she furiously beats against the magical boundary with the other and growls angrily. Finally, Susies walks inside with Davina with her arms full of supplies, looking calmly at Hayley, who is glaring furiously at her. The Gemini witch had filled her friend in with her plan and Davina was more than okay with it.

"Let me out of here right now, or I swear I will kill you both," Hayley threatens and Susie rolls her eyes,
tossing a shirt and jeans at her before holding up a blood bag.

"You can try. Or, we can have a polite conversation," Susie holds up the blood bag. "If not, then I can easily kill you myself. Hybrids don't scare me."

"She drew you out here so we can help you," Davina states, but the hybrid grows more furious.

"Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse, and you said no," Hayley grits her teeth.

"To be fair, Elijah and Cora asked us to break the curse. Your alpha cares a lot about you, but you both are stubborn." Hayley is caught off guard by the statement, and Davina continues.

"The Regent of witches can't be seen doing favors for the Mikaelsons." Davina takes the blood bag and tosses it onto the floor of the circle. "...But, maybe we can help each other."

The hybrid kneels down and starts chugging the blood from the bag as quickly as she can, squeezing it so hard that it gets all over her hands. Susie's eyes widen in surprise and leans against the stone wall.

"Look, I have access to the witch ancestors. I can channel the power of the one who created the spell that cursed you. You can be free, Hayley," Davina looks at the hybrid.

Hayley stands to her feet and licks the blood from her fingers, clearly interested in what the witches are proposing but still angry at the circumstances that led them here.

"Under your terms, I'm guessing." She pauses, and Susie crosses her arms while Davina sighs. "Spill."

"There's a witch in the 9th Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me," Davina starts off and Susie adds on.

"If she retaliates, she'll only be starting a civil war, and none of us want that." Susie crosses her arms. The corner of Hayley's lips lift into a smirk as the young witch reminds her of someone.

"You're every bit of your sister Cora." The two witches share a look and Hayley stares at them both.
"Just tell me who you want dead."

-

The original hybrid stands out on the balcony outside of his bedroom, drinking a tumbler of bourbon. He suddenly senses that he is not alone, but doesn't even need to turn around to know that Jason and Elijah are behind him.