SIX

|06

|06.| JEOPARDY

THE GROUP GO UP into the attic of the St Louis Cathedral to meet with Freya, who has lit dozens of white candles in preparation for more spellwork. The five discuss what they have learned in the last day or so.

"So, where is Klaus?" Cora asks and Freya sighs in exhaustion.

"When I told him about Rebekah, he said he'd pursue another lead."

Elijah takes Freya's athame and uses it to slice open his palm so he can bleed into a bronze bowl on the table, which lays on top of a large, pristine paper map that covers the entire table top.

"Forget Niklaus." He whips out his handkerchief, and cleans up the blood on his hand. "You will find her."

"Are you sure you got enough ju-ju for a world-wide locator spell?" Hayley asks the witch.

"She's my family." Freya looks at him with an expression of determination. "I won't lose her."

Freya takes a deep breath before putting her hands around the rim of the bowl of blood and beginning the spell.

"Le six ce strul no cruv. Le six ce strul no cruv."

The Mikaelson witch continues the spell as she pours the bowl full of blood onto the map where Africa is situated. She hands the bowl to Elijah, who joins her, Hayley, Cora, and Marcel in watching the map hopefully. Freya focuses all of her energy on concentrating on Rebekah, but the blood just spreads out until it is covering the entire map.

"Damnit," Freya says in frustration.

"Well, so much for witch-GPS," Cora sighs and crosses her arms.

"I assumed they'd cloaked her. I didn't expect a spell this strong."

"No doubt conjured by the very witch who lured Rebekah into this trap," Elijah says anxiously. Freya sighs and sits down at her table to brainstorm

"You should all go. I have my work cut out for me."
Marcel turns his attention to Elijah.

"The Strix trust me. If they know where Rebekah is, I can find her," Marcel states but Elijah shakes his head.

"There's no time. You need to stop Davina from activating Lucien and Tristan's weapon," Elijah instructs, But Marcel replies exasperated.

"We need to find Rebekah!"

"Marcel, I will not rest until my sister is found." Elijah becomes impatient. Marcel pauses for a moment before sighing and conceding to him with a reluctant nod.

"All right. I'll handle Davina."
Marcel leaves the attic to do his job while the two wolves turn to Elijah.

"Well, in the meantime, please tell me that we're gonna kill someone?" Hayley asks.